searching for kick ick to purchase close(bedford indiana)

jessica47421

the ick in my tank is back again and my qt tank is not cycled i tested the water and the ammonia is at 1.0 , so that isnt a option. the lfs said to use ruby reef kick ick. i realize this might not be the best option but it is the only one i have left. is there any where close to bedford indiana that anyone knows of that i could get this stuff?

earlybird

If you have live rock or sand you should not treat your tank with any medications. You'll have to wait until you QT is cycled.

jessica47421

is there any other cure then use of a qt? my fish are to big i think to make it in a 1 0gal for that long. and i dont have the money right now or place to put a bigger tank. also what should your tank temp be set on?

lion_crazz

Well, if that is the case, take all of your rock and inverts out of your display and put THEM in the quarantine tank or in a big plastic container. Perform hyposalinity in the display tank then.
Hyposalinity or copper are the only two ways that will eliminate ich.
Tank temp should be between 76 and 82. Stability is more important than where it is in that range, though.

jessica47421

i have live sand too. so if i do it that way will it kill that? i have tang, 2 clowns and a fire fish do you think they will be ok in 10 gal for that amount of time?

lion_crazz

What type and how big of a tang?
When you say live sand, what are we talking about here? A deep sand bed with lots of critters in it or a shallow bed that is just live because of all of the bacteria living in it?

jessica47421

mimic tang and he isnt doing so good he is covered in ick and just swimming in a little circle.
i was so excited about the salt water tank and now everything is going down hill. he is only about 2-5 inches, the sand is a little of both.

lion_crazz

A 10 gallon tank will be fine. I would definitely try to catch them all and move them to the QT. Just take this as a learning experience - your saltwater tank will be extremely more enjoyable if you quarantine all new additions.

jessica47421

RO but i used the last of it when i did this one and the closest lfs that sells mixed salt water is 45 mins from here.

jessica47421

also i dont know if this means anything but i turned my light off in the tank and now the tang is swimming around everywhere. i had heard the light causes more stress?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jessica47421
also i dont know if this means anything but i turned my light off in the tank and now the tang is swimming around everywhere. i had heard the light causes more stress?
Leaving the light off is a good idea while your fish are so sick. As for your qt tank, can you get more biological filtration in there? Can you transfer a filter pad or get a sponge filter to put in your display for a few days to gather bacteria?