Sebae anenome ?

fishyapol

hey guys just have a question. i've had a sebae anemone for about 3 weeks now.. i put him on the top of the rock and let him find a spot to attach himself. well he found a place on top of the rock work.. and about a couple of days ago he moved to the bottom of the tank towards the side of the tank.. there is not a lot of water flow there so i figured that there was too much where he was.. but the only concern that i have is that he doesnt get to fully open up like he was when on the rocks... so should i leave him where he is or put him back????

spsnix

Just leave it alone until it finds a spot on his own. Mine went pretty much all around my tank until it found a spot and it's been there for almost a year now. Just let it move for a bit, but just watch out for it to not sting corals
ps. that's a pretty sweet tattoo on your avatar, it that yours?

coral hind

Sebaes as you have found out like to be down at the bottom where the rocks sit on the sand. They will stick their foot down into the sand and attach to the bottom glass or to the rock base buried in the sand. This is what makes Sebaes so great for a mixed reef tank because they do not climb up and over the rocks stinging corals like an E. quad can.