Second coral

donkeykong

Ok still staying in the easy section. My green star polyps are doing great and it was time for my next one. After seeing me eye his pulsing xenia's my LFS owner gave my a small colony for $5. Pays off to be nice.
Really pumped about these guys I am off work tommorrow so I hope to be able to work on my web page and get some new pics up. I will let every one know when I do.

tjkohler

The Xenia will reproduce quickly if you take good care of it. Mine has tripled in size in the last 6 weeks. You can always bring a frag back to the store as a thank you for the $5 frag he gave you once your's starts spreading. Add a little iodine to your water and the Xenia will love you for it.

ags

I am not familar with xenia's but from everything I gathered isn't it a high light coral? Correct me if I am wrong but based on your profile you have 152 watts of light over an 80 gallon tank. Pulsing xenia's are number 1 on my wish list and no one has recommended me buy it because at 190 watts over a 55 gallon tank did not have intense enough light. Although at $5 a frag I would have bought it irregardless too. Just thought I would throw in my .02 cents worth.

iechy

Yeah put them high up in your tank. Also if they close up and look dead which they may do today don't give up on them. Mine really looked horrible for the last two and a half weeks and are now slowly opening back up. Good luck with them they are really neat with the pulsing and all.