second tank????

jeepman3sk

I have a 10g nano that I have been running for about 2-3 months. I was planning on getting a shipment from SWF.com and i dont really want to put all of the corals into my tank at once. I was thinking about starting up a 2.5g tank to store fish, corals, inverts, etc. Is this a good idea. If so what kind of filter should I use. I want this little tank to be very cheap b/c i dont have alot of money. I have basically everything but the powerhead/filter, tank, and light. Let me know what you guys think. Also what kind of light would you put on this tank? I was thinking about the coralife 18w PC light. And either Azoo Palm Filter or a mini jet pump.

ruaround

why would you purchase a coral/s and not put them into a display tank...
and are you asking is a 2.5g (Two and 1/2 gallons) would be okay for storage???
If it is a 2.5 (two and 1/2 gallon) tank you would be better of storing in a bucket, trash can or rubbermaid storage bin (although I am not advocating these for long term storage!)... 2.5 is too small for anything...

jeepman3sk

i was planning on get $79 (about) from SWF.com b/c it is much cheaper then getting them from teh LFS but i hear that i dont want to put all of those orals int he tank at once. They could crash my tank. That is why i was wondering if I put some in the 2.5g tank and the rest in my 10g tank so i dont crash my 10g tank. You might want to check out this 2g cube http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=553708 this little tank is amazing. I would make the small tank a mini tank for my desk. A few craps a snall or 2 etc. maybe a few small zoos

ruaround

I digress... but it looks as though there is a fluval (or canister of somesort) that is reconfiged so there is almost 10g... that is indeed one heck of a set up!!! are you plnning on uprgrading at some point in the near future??? If so, IMO you should wait to make an order, there is nothing worse than killing off a bunch of animals and alot of $$$...

jeepman3sk

I have a 75g but it is 2 hours away in my parents house and it is fish only. For the following reasons. First im not going to spend my money on a tank that i see errrr 4 times a year. Second my dad doesnt take very good care of it he is 63 so i understand that he cant carry the water to change it but there has to be some way for water changes to happen any ideas are welcome and professional service is a no can do. Third i dont have the money at the moment as being in college right now to support a full reef in a 75g. SOrry i might want to add that i dont want the 2.5g to be like that link i put on here i just thought it was a cool little tank that people would like to see. Im jsut talking about a hang on filter or a powerhead in the tank.