Secret Santa?

novahobbies

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about December 2012, but has anyone (mods or otherwise) ever considered setting up a secret santa program for the members of SWF forums? I always enjoy doing the SS thing on a few other hobby boards I frequent, and I have to admit -- sometimes the gifts are better than what family might get you! Who would be on board if we did one for next year?

btldreef

I'd be interested. Not entirely sure how we could make it work since SWF doesn't allow us to sell or even trade.

darthtang aw

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about December 2012, but has anyone (mods or otherwise) ever considered setting up a secret santa program for the members of SWF forums? I always enjoy doing the SS thing on a few other hobby boards I frequent, and I have to admit -- sometimes the gifts are better than what family might get you! Who would be on board if we did one for next year?
count me in....i have this fruitcake from 3 years ago I have been wanting to regift to someone I didnt like.
darth (will accept checks) Tang

darthtang aw

Is that the one I sent you?

big (you deserved it) arn

the one you sent me i use as an artistic conversation piece.
darth (enlightened) Tang

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/389590/secret-santa#post_3444498
I'd be in. I have a cracked iPhone that works perfectly fine. :)
Doesn't everybody?
I think SWF could even make a profit off of it. Think about it - say it was moderated by SWF. THe SS is themed for aquarium stuff (this IS our hobby, yes?) so we create a subforum for it. Everyone posts their inividual wish lists of fish stuff they've been thinking about, up to a certain dollar amount. If it's something SWF stocks, maybe they set up a coupon code system on their site. Anyone who has signed up for the SS gets a person, and if they buy from SWF, they input the coupon code and get a 5% discount. Order gets shipped directly to the recipient, SS Giver is happy because he got a small discount, SWF is happy because they made a sale they might not have made otherwise.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/389590/secret-santa#post_3444632
Doesn't everybody?
I think SWF could even make a profit off of it. Think about it - say it was moderated by SWF. THe SS is themed for aquarium stuff (this IS our hobby, yes?) so we create a subforum for it. Everyone posts their inividual wish lists of fish stuff they've been thinking about, up to a certain dollar amount. If it's something SWF stocks, maybe they set up a coupon code system on their site. Anyone who has signed up for the SS gets a person, and if they buy from SWF, they input the coupon code and get a 5% discount. Order gets shipped directly to the recipient, SS Giver is happy because he got a small discount, SWF is happy because they made a sale they might not have made otherwise.
I think that is a great idea. I think maybe the person that wants to give a SS item and then wants to purchase an item can perhaps get a reduced rate on shipping since the items will have to be shipped to two different locations.