Secret to coraline growth

jugger

what is the secret to good colorful coraline grow??? what is the recipe???
any suggestions would be great
thanks

justinx

My coralline growth has exploded. I have to scrape it off the glass weekly or it will consume the tank. I cant even see my heater anymore.
AND I'M NOT TELLING HOW I DID IT!!!
Just kidding. Seriously, I used Aragamilk, as has a friend with the same results. The stuff is designed to be a calcium supplement, and it pretty much fails in that area, but it did wonders for my coralline. Try it out, see what happens. its not a chemical so it shouldnt harm anything.

attml

The key for good coralline growth is good flow, Calcium in the 400 range and alk in the 8-12 dkh range. IME, Actenic lighting seems to help as well.

spsfreak100

I agree with attml that good flow helps with spreading Coralline. Adding very strong currents to the tank would help to spread the coralline spores around the rocks, therefore, possibly getting much more coralline algae to grow.
Supplement with Seachem's Reef Calcium is also highly recommended. It is sugar based so it is not that helpful for much else but is excelent for boosting coralline algae!
Regards,
Graham

leviwin

I use Seachem's Reef Calcium and it seem to help mine grow faster. Other than that I don't do much just watch it grow and clean it off.

wolffam

Maintaining calcium levels and alk levels has caused my coraline to take off. I use Kent Liquid Calcium & Kent Pro Buffer.

y2says

put a rock covered with coraline in front of a powerhead. It'll spread the coraline algae pores to other parts of the tank.