sediment ????????????

amadent

I am in the process of setting up a reef tank. 72 bow. I have about 600 gph flow . I am finding that I have a lot of sediment on the LR. Is this normal. Should I direct more of the flow directly at the rock. I have been using the power head to clean off the rock. Looks like it is snowing in the tank. I havethe flow circulating in a clock wise motion all around the tank. I also have a skimmer and am noticing bubbles on some of the rock. I can't see bubbles originating from the skimmer or powerhead. What can I do to rectify this problem. :jumping:

sebae09

sorry noone awnsered, im the guy that goes over old threads and replys. more than likely you have a diatom problem, your tank is either newly set up or has a nitrate problem. the bubbles you see is just bubble algea( caused by the same things). if you could post a pic? if you have anymore problems ask. i promise it wont take as long for an awnser.

amadent

sebae09, Not a problem. I did a ton of reading on this site and in the archives. Sometimes when you HAVE to research yourself, YOU LEARN. It seemes that I need more water flow to circulate water and get rid of the dead spots on the rocks. I stated to get tons of purple algae, (cynao). Once I redirected the power head and cut my lights for three days all is good. All the algae is gone. Bang guy, I have not checked for my calcium level alk and magnesesium levels. PH is 8.2 temp is 78.5 nitrates , nitrites, and ammonia are 0. I ordered maxi jet wave maker. About 800 gph. I guess my next purchase will be test kits for mag,calcium, and alk.