See through THINGY???? What.....

krazzydart

I have a few of these things on the glass of my tank... 1/4" long, looks like a mouth eating... slides along the glass opening and closing its mouth... what is it & is it safe??? also there are these little (armored) beetles crawling around kinda ovel shaped and brownish/gray color... tank has been up and running over 2 yrs.. have not added anything for over 6 months... things must have came from my rock.... any help with these guys.... THANKS!!!!!!!!

harris

baby snails maybe? My tank crawls after I have a hatching. Astrea snails kind of look bug like when they are young? Either way I think that may be harmless. As for the armored beetles they are something, I think I have the same thing as well. I cannot remember what the name of them are but I know if you have a mandarin it will take care of them. But I have done nothing to eradicate thema nd they end up multiplying up until your tank cannot support them. I know that they are a type of clean up organism. The more you over feed the more you will see. Try cutting back on the extra food and you might see less of them.
I hope that might of helped.