selecon question

fishieness

in my ever ongoing attempt to get my clownfish to breed, i purchased some selecon and i have a few questions on it:
-first off, it says to add .5 mL and that it will not affect water quality.... but i dont really see how that is possible... is it jsut because since it is a fatty acid it isnt water soluble?
-and second, what does everyone's bottle look like?! when i suck mine out, some of it is in a goopy film.... almost like a membrane of some type..... im just wondering if im shaking it enough?
-and the third question: does this stuff go bad? there is a little bit of black stuff insdie the pipette that comes with it, and a mixure of that and the membrane-like part, and im wondering if it is bad. there isnt a due date on it.... it doesnt smell horiible, just as i should suspect a fatty acid supliment to smell, but not like death.
thanks everyone.

scsinet

I never add mine directly to the tank... I soak food in it.
It looks like how you describe though... sorty of a slimy goop. It should be pink in color though... I haven't seen the black stuff you are seeing.

fishieness

yeah, ive been soaking it in food, and all looks normal except for a bit of black stuff in the pipet.......
and it gets a little filmy....

scsinet

Yeah it does this for me too... I wouldn't worry about it... the black doesn't sound like mine, but it may be normal .

fishieness

okay, i was jsut wondering if there was an expiration date and mine jsut didnt have one. i thil ill probably shake all i can out, and any leftoevers ill just squeeze out with some water
thanks