seo website searches

deejeff442

anyone here know anything about seo ?i want to get my companies website on the front page for marketing.i have used my website builder but all she did was put up a pay per click ad.i know there are ways to get my website up in the natural listings but i have talked to three different companies and the prices are from $500-$3700 .a big difference and since it all sounds Chinese to me i was wondering if anyone here knows about it?

rylan1

Its been a while since I've been on here... anyway... I have experience in it... A few things... 1st you want to optimize your website... go into the Source of your website and look at your keywords... there are probably none, then go to a competitors page, or a page that you find on the top a google search for a similar website.. or go to this site for example this is how it reads.. (FYI.. meta-names or meta-tags are the same as keywords or key phrases)
<meta name="keywords" content="saltwater fish, saltwater aquariums, tropical fish" />
<meta name="description" content="Saltwater Fish, Aquariums, Tropical Fish" />
the source page is located in View next to Edit or File.... but above is a list of words that people searching search engines will type in for a website... have someone or if you know how... build this into your site... this will enhance your ability to be found on search engines... Results take time, but as more people search under that criteria, you will move up on the page depending on the number ahead of you, and if they are paying... but this will basically allow search engines to be able to find and check the relevance of your site to the search.
Next after you do this go to Google Ad Words... there you can buy your own keywords. This works kinda like an auction, that will allow you to buy positioning on Google... This will put you in the sponsored links section (highlighted) and the one I described above is for natural listings... Now this is doing your own Pay-per- click program, and it is some what of a science that you will have to do daily, however if you learn how you can save $$$, however, keep in mind that words will vary from $0.05 to $100 or more.. and you pay for every click... but I believe you can put in a budget, which is essentially what those companies you talked to are doing... email me if you have any questions ...gardenrich7@gmail.com

deejeff442

ipretty much have had my site builder already do this.my site is moving it was on page 7 or 8 in a few different keywords now up to page 3 or 4 .
i did the pay per click it was $1.50 a click and my budget was $500 a month.i only go out 40 miles from my location since i do construction.i had 380 hits on the google adword .got 3 jobs which wasnt too bad.my site has been on for over a year.well i have had my site for years but just started the keywords and adwords for 6 months.maybe this is justthe pace of how it works?why i am asking is because my expartner whos daughter took over the small company after i left has thier website as #1 in the natural column in just about every catagory .in less than 1 1/2 yr.she did it her self so i am trying to figure out how she did it.i have a couple companies telling me they can do this but its $3700 then $800 for a few months after.i make somepretty great money at what i do and dont mindspending that kind of cash.really $4000 isnt alot for advertising anymore.just dont trust salesmen when i have no clue about what they are talking about.i am doing research and learning though.
so does doing the adword pay ad help cycle up in the natural column?
are the keywords on my homepage or are they hidden somewhere?
i could easily have my site builder add whatever it needs to the home page.
also if everyone else uses more or less the same keywords how can i ever get to the front page?
thanks for the help so far.jeff

rylan1

You can do it yourself.. just keep in mind that it is something that you will have to do every day as far as the "Sponsored Listings" with Google Ad words. As far as the Natural Listings.. it does take time to move up the rankings because the site pulls what is relevant. I used to be one of those salesmen that you are referring to... $3700 sounds like Reach Local... But a couple things you can do are.
Make sure your business name and number are found on every page of your site.
It is also helpful to list the cities/communities/neighborhoods/counties you serve on every page as well. This will help because people will usually search by location... for example:
Home Improvement - Brookhaven Ga. which is an area in Atlanta, Ga... they will search what is close to their neighborhood because they think it will be cheaper cause of fuel costs.

rylan1

I had to go back and read... Okay... try buying more specific keywords as well like instead of or in addition to say Home Improvements - Atlanta, narrow your words to something more specific like Basement Remodeling - Atlanta or narrow it further to Basement Remodeling - SW Atlanta ... words will be cheaper and you will get more qualified clicks.
but have your web guy go in and optimize your site to include all the services you provide, locations you serve, and other possible keywords people may use to find your company online.

deejeff442

my site has most of what you said except for the individual towns.i will have my website builder add them.
does google adwords ppc help raise the website in the natural column?
i figure most people look right to the natural column first and just overlook the paid ads.but if they help i will get back on the adword.