Septic Tanks & Water Wells

laurie01

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2673465
anyone know of any good septic-safe cleaning products (sorry, my question mark is broken) i was in BJs last night and didn't see ANYTHING with a septic safe label other than the 1-ply toilet paper. anyone know of good handsoap, dishsoap, dishwasher detergent, clothing detergentbleach alternative, shampoo.....anything!!
Mimzy,
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you right away - I don't have as much access to the computer over the weekends (hubby kinda monopolizes it usually) and i have been busy this week. I actually went to look at the products I use, and the only ones I actually found a statement indicating it was safe for septic systems was the toilet paper, toilet bowl cleaner, and Liquid Plumber gel. Sorry if I mislead you - guess I didn't pay enough attention. Anyway, I never have a problem with my system, and I use just the regular cleaners on the market. (I also don't use a ton of bleach, but I do still use it.)
How is everything going? Did you discover any major issues at your inspections? Hope not. Did you have a termite inspection? (your

[hr]
company might require one.)
I saw in one of your other posts that you are moving from NJ to PA...where in PA? I'm just curious.
- Laurie
ps - Does anyone have a clue why the word "m-o-r-t-g-a-g-e" gets blocked out when typed normally? - I tried typing it in (twice) and it was replaced by dashes. I can't figure it out.

spiderwoman

I hate to say this out loud but we don't do anything special with our septic system. We use the normal 2 ply toilet paper and I have a septic system friendly garbage disposal in the kitchen (1 Hp system). We have lived in this house for 5 years and haven't had any problems.
I grew up on septic system at our house in Finland and never had problems with regular toilet paper.