Seriouslly In Need Of Help

jmarkey83

HELLO EVERYONE AND THANK YOU FOR READING,
im new to the hobby i would say im doing well but i bought a coral fragfrom this web site its been in my tank one day but it has like stripped itself of its skin if u know what i mean. to where i see just a white skeleton. im not sure what to do is it done or what im majorlly confused everything else in the tank is perfect. does anyone know what i should/can do????

-tara33-

it sounds like its dieing is it a lps? if so its prob just dieing and will leave the skellitonand become live rock.

-tara33-

i just looked at this thread and saw that thumb down thing im not sure how it got there but prob just ignor it, lol

jmarkey83

its a ORA Stylophora - Green i got it from this site shipped to me recieved it yesterday and the whole thing is pretty much just a skeleton. its upsetting one of the more expensive pieces i have bought from saltwaterfish.com but besides money i thought it be a great addition. is there anyway to save it or if it pretty much all skeleton now is it over........
and by the way thank u both for your responces

-tara33-

im very sorry for your loss have you checked you calcium levels, hard corals are in need of good calcium additives were is soft corals not so much, just check all yor levels and temp and try again. we all have losses in this hobby

jmarkey83

yes your right i guess since im very new to the hobby i just got upset cause ive spent alot of cash to get this all rolling in a good way so to have loss so earlly i just got upset so it is dead tho that can be said for ssure. if you or anyone else orders from swf.com is that part of there guarantee live stock thing. (not to important just curious) and if it is dead its ok to stay in there i think u said it will just become live rock?

jmarkey83

hey jerry just realized something ur in phoenixville thats way cool im in cali now but i used to live in pottstown right by the coventry mall. not that it matters just thought that was interesteing

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by jmarkey83
http:///forum/post/2810829
hey jerry just realized something ur in phoenixville thats way cool im in cali now but i used to live in pottstown right by the coventry mall. not that it matters just thought that was interesteing
Thats cool. When did you move out to California? BTW I couldn't see the picture.

tentacle

Couldn't see it either, private myspace thing. Did it look good when you got it? If it looked healthy going in, it could have been shocked going in if the water in your tank was significantly different from what it was raiased and shipped in. Everything else in your tank could look good because they have been in the tank and water parameters changed slowly. Also, lighting is important, if too bright the coral could have bleached out, not necessarily dead Move it to less light, and check your water.