serpants???

madysmom

Good evening all or shall i say good morning lol
~~~anyways i have a silly question about something i saw in my sleeping tank i like to be a private eye while the fishes are sleeping with no lights on and my husband seen a wormy like arm come out of the rockwork, looked like it was searching for something along the rock and then sucked back in when the light hit it, so we put a red lens cap on it so it wouldnt get scared and found about a half dozen or so of other arms coming out of the rocks. different colors and different lengths. ok so my ? is i have heard that serpant stars live in rocks while they are babies and then eventually come out. if these are serpants how long should i expect before they are in open waters and not hiding in rocks?? will they get stuck? if this is not what they are does anyone have any ideas what they may be??? i cant get pictures because they dont like lights. please help
thank you in advance
mandi

belothsurf

Madysmom,
I'm pretty sure what you have is bristle worms. They are good for tanks. They are nocturnal, but will come out whenever they are hungry. They look like small worms, orange colored, with white bristle spines running the length of their body. They are good for your tank......:happyfish

wwfstyle

Serpent stars like to live under the LR not in the LR, So I'm guessing it is also Bristle worms. They mostly come out at night and in a lot of different colors.

madysmom

I have bristle worms in the tank and I know what they look like these are defenatly NOT bristle worms that I am seeing i posted this on two other sites and every response on them told me that they could be stars and they can live in live rock but what i am seeing are peanut worms.
thanks anyway