Setting up a Hawaiian only tank

sportbikemike

I currently have a 55 and will be moving everything over to a 90 within a few months. I really want to have a Hawaiian based tank. I know rock is "off limits" so I have Fiji. I have about 150lbs now and I don't want anymore. I was looking at this as my stocking list as far as fish goes. Let me know if it will work out.
2 Yellow Tangs
1 Flame Angel (Possibly Cook Island)
1 Potters Angel
1 Lemon Peel
1 Bartlett Anthias
1 Blue Devil (already have)
Possibly
5 Green Chromis (Marshall Islands)
1 Convict Tang
1 Swallow Tail Angel
1 Achilles Tang
These are only the fish. I do plan on a few cucs, urchins, and crabs. I really want Strawberry crabs. I was wondering if any one also knew this question. I know that sand sifting crabs are found on the east and west coast of the USA but are they also located in Hawaiian waters? I'd like to know before I got them. I know it wouldn't disrupt the tank but I can be a little anal about things. Also if anyone has had experience with multiple dwarf angels please let me know your secrets. I would like to add all the fish at once and leave the lights off for a couple of days. I only have PC's so I don't really have any corals that are 100% light dependent (shrooms, colts). Thanks in advance for all the help.

dogstar

I also see a problem ( among many others ) with 3 angles in such a small tank....IMO, the odds are against that working well. Many are successfull with multiple angles but in much larger systems, myself included...
also, any tang, even '' one '' in a 55g is generally a bad idea for long term for the health of the fish...Convicts and Achilles are difficult to keep even in large systems...sorry.
PS, I missed the part about moveing to the 90g.....still feel the same about your list other than might could get away with one Yellow but still only one angle for best chance working.

N

nereef

i agree. 1 yellow tang and 1 dwarf angel will be your best bet. what about a kole tang (pronounced Kole-ay in Hawaii) instead of the yellow?

N

nereef

Originally Posted by Le titou
Plus potters are not hardy and usually DIE
very true. there are many better choices for a dwarf angel.