Setting up refigum

kimf

I want to set up a refigum. I have ordered a detritivore Kiet for $60.00. I have a 20g tank that used to be my sump.
I was planning on ordering sand from SWF.com. How much do I need?
Exactly how do I do this? The detritivore's will be here in 6 days.

YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING EXCEPT MUD(PREFERRED)OR SAND, MAYBE SOME LR, CALURPA, AND A LIGHT THAT STAYS ON 24/7. LET WHATEVER GROWS IN IT GROW. BETTER TO HAVE IT THERE THAN IN THE MAIN TANK.

ky

My eco=system has nothing but MM, 3 small pieces of live rock, and the macro-algae (and the bio-balls in the first and 3rd chamber). I have never had to clean it. You don't need anything more then that (well, except for the pump and the light that stays on 24/7). By the way, if you ever have a piece of live rock that you want cleaned for some reason (like it gets some funky algae on it or something), put it in your sump with the macro-algae. It will be crystal clean (except for the coraline algae) in about 2 weeks.

kimf

Okay, I have the tank, I have the light, I've ordered the det. kit.
Do you recommend the NATURE'S OCEAN BIO-ACTIV ARAGONITE--LIVE SAND or the FLorida Keys live sand to start off?
Also, which macro algeas do you use. I've heard some bloom and cause more problems.