setup info

danho

ok, my wife's project has now turned into mine and i did a little too much searchin so now im really confused.
here is my specific question:
i have a 55 gal tru vue tank, a fluval 303 filter setup with a spray bar outlet and a bottom tank inlet, an under gravel filter with 2 rio 800 power heads 12" up and 2 36" 30w lights (1 marine glo and 1 power glo).
40# of live rock, 4" base (not sure what), 1 percula, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails, 5 damsels and 2 hermit crab.
what i would like to have is 60# of lr, 5" play sand/ls base, 1 mandarin goby, 1 scooter blenny, 1 spiny urchin, 10 blue leg crab, 1 fire clown, 1 cinnamon clown, 1 maroon clown, 5 florida condi, 1 anemone crab and the percula/shrimp/snails/and hermit crab i already have. (ditchin the damsels)
i know this will take time and equipment changes, i am just looking for info on what direction i need to go or if i am out to lunch.
i enjoy diy projects so hit me with those if you like.
thanks in advance.

slick

Well I think you will have to tear down your tank to get what you want. You will have to find someplace to house your lr and fish for now. Take your tank apart and clean it out. Put down your sand. Put your lr back in and add as much more as you want. I would use your current filter for now to prevent a mini cycle.

danho

so should i keep the undergravel filter, or ditch it?
and do you have a ballpark idea how long will i house my lr/fish somewhere else?
also thanks for the reply.

jcsurfn

I would get rid of the under gravel filter.
Also for future reference I dont belive you can mix differnt types of clowns.