Setuping up a 10g?

wenisman

so i have some damsels left over from my larger tank and i dont want to keep them with my new fish im getting. my roomates have five 10g tanks and they want to set up one in our frontroom and put the damsels in there. we dont have much money but is it possible to just use live rock and live sand as a filtration without buying a wetdry or skimmer. also what else would be required for a nano, would a light from a freshwater tank work? as to adding oxygen would a small air pump work? thanks for any of the advice, this site has savedme several times now. also if there is anyting else im not thinking of fell free to let me know.
thanks

yimmy

you would have to do alot of water changes, you could get like a HOB 30$ filter which would help.

subonidio

I WILL RECOMEND YOU TO BUY A SKILTER FOR DAMISEL WOULD BE JUST FINE ''JUST DAMISELS'' DONT GET CRAZY OVER STOCKING A 10 GALLON TANK REMEMBER QUIMIC CHAGES GO FASTER IN SMALLER TANKS...LIGHTING IS OK ANY KIND BECAUSE YOU ARE NO HOUSING ANY CORALS TROW SOME SNAILS THERE GREEN CRAB YOU KNOW THE BASIC CLEAN CREW...DAMISELS ARE TERRITORIAL WHAT KIND OF DAMISELS YOU HAVE?BLUES ARE THE HARDIEST BUT THEY ARE EVIL HTEY WILL CHASE EACH OTHER ALL THEY LONG SO MAYBE 2 OR 3 MAX....LIVE ROCK ALWAYS HELP BUT IF YOU ARE ADDING LIVE ROCK IS RECOMENDED A DICENT LITGH 50% 50% YOU CAN GET THEM FOR NO MORE THAN 20 BUCKS ....BUT THE MAIN THING IS THE SKILTER THEY ARE ARROUND 30 BUCKS SO YOU WILL HAVE OXIGENATION AND SKIMMER AND IF YOU PLACE ANY MEDIA IN THE CHAMBER YOU HAVE A MECANICAL FILTER OR BIOLOGICAL ALL IN ONCE,WHAT ELSE YOU WANT FOR 30 DOLLARS YOU CAN BIT THAT...GOOD LUCK AND LAET ME KNOW HOW EVERY THING WORK UOT FOR YOU

njfish77

subonidio what laungage are you speakin? thats some crazy grammer you have there.
anyway look just go out get an aqaucleat 70 and turn it into a fuge. get a small bakpak skimmer. thats it. there just damsels dont go crazy over em, i woulda flushed em

wenisman

lol thats what i was planning on doing but these guys liked my tank and really wanted to set one up so i said id help and give them the damsels. they are blue with yellow tails. hey iv read alot about a fuge but im still not sure what they are or how they work my understanding its a small tank with some type of live sand or plants or sumthing in the middle with 3 sections and a pump not sure what they do or how they do it

njfish77

just take everything it comes with out and just put some rubble and cheato in there and use the light clipped on the side to grow it. Theres some threads on other sites so just search around.