Sexy Anemone Shrimp

christs

Does anyone have any experience with Sexy Anemone Shrimp?
Will they work well in a Nano? Will they play well with the corals?
The supplier recommended that they be in groups of 3 but will that be to much for a 6 gallon Nano?
Thanks

debbie

I had these wonderful little shrimp. I can only tell you my experience with them. So first of all they did not fit in with my two ocellaris clowns who decided to play rough with mine and were quite cruel to my poor sexy shrimp.
They are the neatest little guys and in a 6 gal 3 of them would be fine, they are quite small and if you were to have a them in your 6 gal with some other inverts and a few small corals they would make a very interesting display......

swishy

I had a pair of them, in a 10gal with clowns and a large cleaner shrimp....for months they where fine but they recently disapeared, i am not sure what happend to them, I think the larger shrimp may have killed them

You would have to be careful what othe stock you put with them....I think other larger shrimp will often kill smaller ones. And I am sure they are easy targets for fish since they are so tiny
:happyfish

sac10918

I agree with swishy...
THe sexy shrimp need should not be kept with anyother types of shrimp such as peppermints or coral bandeds becasue they will get killed under most circumstances. My LFS has a nano 12 gallon with three sexy shrimp and a clown and they are so cute.

chipmaker

They do fine singly or in pairs or trios...But do not fare well if you have other larger sized shrimp or boisterous fish in the tank. They do well with most gobies......I have a trio of them in a 2 gal PICO tank, along with a Yellow Clown Goby and another pair of them in a 2 gal pico with a panda goby and all has been well for many many months (10 months at least so far) Some places call em Sexy shrimp, some places say they are close but not exactly the same as sexy shrimp, but I have bought them indivudally listed as anemone and sexy and they all look the same to me and get along just fine.

wesa

My little shrimp isn't in a nano tank, but his best friend is a condi anenome. Neither are bothered by the other fish or hermits in the tank. He was pretty skitzy until I got the condi for him. You'll enjoy watching the shrimp whatever you decide to do.