Sexy shrimp

my way

I have a 30 gallon reef all softies Leather, Xenia, Star Polyps, Mushrooms and Zooanthids, I plan to add a pair of seahorses once I have all my corals in. I have no fish right now, I do have a lot of snails a few Blue Hermits, and a Scarlet Hermit. I would like to add some shrimp to the tank. I'm looking at Sexy Shrimp, but have no working knowledge of them. So I'm looking for as much info on them as I can get. How many can I have, what do they eat, will they eat all my pods, will my polyps be safe with them? Thanks

dogstar

I think they need an anemone for long term survival, I could be wrong.....search Thor amboinensis Other wise harmless.

viper_930

They're just scavengers and don't eat corals. As far as I can see, they don't eat pods either. They can survive without anemones, just like a clown.

gsd

They are easy keepers and do not require much nor do they need an anemone either. They do best in groups though. Just a few pellets of fish food is sufficient for them. They will find it and each wil grab a pellet and retreat to a place to chow down.....They do not bother anything in a reef tank.

shanev

A little off topic, but make sure you research seahorse - coral comaptibility some seahorses are very sensitive to some coral stings.

rara12

A great little shirmp. I have one that i got from the store i work at and he is doing great. He was so tiny when i got him that i put him in a breeder net till he got a little bigger. When i let him out i was sure i would never see him again but he found my condi and they rarely seperate. He is great and as soon as i can im gonna get two more for him so he and his new possy will chill in my condi.
They sure can survive with out an anemone, i just got power back after 4 days of medieval living. (NJ got its ass kicked by a tornado a few days ago that took down full grown healthy tree's!! I was so lucky i had a battery powerd airater) But my anemone closed up and fell off his rock leaving my little shrimp confused and afraid.