Shaquille O'neal is a Classless Idiot!

miaheatlvr

He left Orlando arguing with Penny Hardaway and degrading the coaching staff.

He leaves L.A. and we all know about that fiasco with Kobe... Too much EGO!

He leaves MIAMI not even 20 months removed from winning a championship, and he belittles our young players, coaching staff and TOP CLASS rehab and medical staff. Why cant he just pack his bags, leave, say thanks for everything you've done for me and keep his mouth shut.

Ive lost all respect for this guy now... Had to do the most drastic thing and change my avatar.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...,4523378.story
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3314347

rudedog40

It's Shaq. He just calls it as he sees it. Could there be a little anomosity that the Heat have the worst record in the NBA?

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by rudedog40
http:///forum/post/2536957
It's Shaq. He just calls it as he sees it. Could there be a little anomosity that the Heat have the worst record in the NBA?
First of all its (animosity), and Animosity towards Shaq? WHY? The Heat had the worst record in the NBA with Shaq and they do as well AFTER Shaq. If anything Im glad he cleared up some cap space for us for next season..

rudedog40

Sorry for the wrong spelling Mr. Webster. You're gonna need all the salary cap you can get to beat any of the teams in the West. The '06 win was a fluke. The only reason they won it was because Shaq WAS there. Your buddy holding the trophy probably won't come back the same as he was. Anyway, one man does not make a team.

Originally Posted by rudedog40
http:///forum/post/2537128
Sorry for the wrong spelling Mr. Webster. You're gonna need all the salary cap you can get to beat any of the teams in the West. The '06 win was a fluke. The only reason they won it was because Shaq WAS there. Your buddy holding the trophy probably won't come back the same as he was. Anyway, one man does not make a team.
I have to chime in here, How is it a fluke? They won. Doesnt really matter if Shaq was there or not, he was a part of their team and they won. The lakers havent won a title since Shaq left. I just dont understand how its a fluke.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
http:///forum/post/2537142
I have to chime in here, How is it a fluke? They won. Doesnt really matter if Shaq was there or not, he was a part of their team and they won. The lakers havent won a title since Shaq left. I just dont understand how its a fluke.

Best part is that it was a fluke 4 times.

itom37

I love Shaq. He is hilarious.
I also, almost invariably, love sports villains. They provide entertainment, and entertainment is why we watch sports. I'm not saying Shaq is a sports villain, however.

Entertainment is why I watch sports. but sports idiots, excuse me, sports villians, is not why I watch sports. I would rather see them make an a great through, hit a buzzer beater shot, throw a KO punch, etc. than do a TD dance, talk smack about teamates, or anything else.
I guess it depends on what you classify as entertainment since it can be rather broad.

kjr_trig

You of course know i'm a Phoenix Suns fan Heatlvr, but it wouldn't matter weather I was or not, Shaq has been one of the greatest ambassadors for the NBA in a long long time. He might be a prima donna, but there are a lot of those in professional sports, he certainly has a right to speak his mind.
As far as your team, they are a joke and an embarrasment, your coach is scouting his draft pick rather than coaching, no wonder Shaq is bad mouthing them. You should be praiseing Shaq, he is the only reason Miami won a championship and D Wade became a household name on his coattails.

BTW, D-Wade is the most overrated player in the league

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2537252
You of course know i'm a Phoenix Suns fan Heatlvr, but it wouldn't matter weather I was or not, Shaq has been one of the greatest ambassadors for the NBA in a long long time. He might be a prima donna, but there are a lot of those in professional sports, he certainly has a right to speak his mind.
As far as your team, they are a joke and an embarrassment, your coach is scouting his draft pick rather than coaching, no wonder Shaq is bad mouthing them. You should be praiseing Shaq, he is the only reason Miami won a championship and D Wade became a household name on his coattails.

My team is an NBA embarrassment this season no doubt.. The only place to go is up, but we are a proud franchise and will rebound soon! I have no doubts about that..
D-Wade overrated? Surely you jest.. 5 year player, top 5 player in the last 3 years in scoring and free throw attempts. NBA championship MVP and trophy winner, Sportsman of the year 2006, 4 time all star and 3 time all NBA. Riding Shaq coat tails? yeah right! who single handedly dismantled the Pistons and Mavericks in the ECF and NBA finals. Shaq has been in decline for the past 5 years but I still appreciate all he has done for us no doubt, now your stuck with him.. Im glad to get Shawn Marion, most people feel we got the better of the deal..
OH BTW,,, HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS does your team have in its 40 pitiful years of existence?
We have been around for 20 years and I highly doubt it will take us another 20 to win another championship..

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2537252
As far as your team, they are a joke and an embarrasment, your coach is scouting his draft pick rather than coaching, no wonder Shaq is bad mouthing them. You should be praiseing Shaq, he is the only reason Miami won a championship and D Wade became a household name on his coattails.

Our coach has alot on his plate. Our whole team contributed to the championship but D wade made the most effort. Dwade had the most selling jerseys at one point. He's sexy as H---. He's the man. He have been messing up a little but hey nobody's perfect. I never really cared for him but respected him until I read that post. Shaq was out of line and down right disrespectful.He was not playing his full potential here, he's looking for excuses, look at king james he did'nt have much to work with but he's not complaining. He should have kept those words to his self.I know he's going through alot, maybe he needs to go see a therapist. Ok Im done cause I can't afford a therapist if I go crazy talking about them ; while they are probably at home in their million dollar home chilling. GO HEAT GO!

MiaHeatLvr;2537267 said:
D-Wade overrated? Surely you jest.. 5 year player, top 5 player in the last 3 years in scoring and free throw attempts. NBA championship MVP and trophy winner, Sportsman of the year 2006, 4 time all star and 3 time all NBA. Riding Shaq coat tails? yeah right! who single handedly dismantled the Pistons and Mavericks in the ECF and NBA finals. Shaq has been in decline for the past 5 years but I still appreciate all he has done for us no doubt, now your stuck with him.. Im glad to get Shawn Marion, most people feel we got the better of the deal..
[/QUOTE

GO HEAT GO! 2008-2009 SEASON WATCH OUT!

scsinet

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
http:///forum/post/2536966
Is EVERY thread on here gonna be turned into politics.
IMO, it's getting old.
Okay then...
Kanye West
Rosie O'Donnell
Jesse Jackson
Cynthia McKinney (not so much anymore...)
My point was
and still is
that lots of publicly exposed figures these days run their mouths excessively, not just sports figures. Merely naming somebody in politics does not make a thread out of it.
... unless of course you choose to read it that way...

One thing I certainly know I didn't want to do is hijack the thread or take it off topic, so out of respect for the OP I'll drop it at this point.

whitey

Dirk is the most over rated player in the league.
I could not care less about the Heat or the Suns, but saying Wade is the most over rated player is ridiculous.