Sharing my setup!

eugenecjr

By the way. The last picture was taken from behing the aquariums where I have a 1 ft area to work. It is small, but better then the stands that I have had in the past sitting against the wall.

eugenecjr

Kip,
I got the flow rate down. It does appear that things are a little calmer in the refugium which in turn should allow for a better environment.
Again thanks for the advice.
Eugene

jbiegs

i have some newbie questions - how long did this set up take to put together? did you do the design, or was this done off of a blue print model? is this your first set up? and, of course, about how much did this cost to set up ( aside from the tank and space) ?
thanks from a jealous soul.

eugenecjr

jbiegs,
The time that it took to setup the sump and refugium is about 2 weeks. It took some testing and trying different things. If you need some help with something like this then please let me know. It should not take you nearly as long. As for the cost. The sump was about $260, and the 30 gallon, well I had it laying around. So it would just be the standard cost of a 30 gallon. the plumbing was about $10, and the Mag 9.5 was about $80. I am sure that their are some other odd and ends, but nothing that is really expensive.
As for the design, it is something that I came up with. I will be honest and say that some of it was luck as for the way that the space turned out.
Let me know if you have additional questions.
Eugene

robchuck

Nice setup! Do you have any pics of the tank? It's nice to see another fellow Aurora reefer on the board.

eugenecjr

Actually I do not right now. I am waiting to get some cleaning done since I took these yesterday. I also added somethings today that I would like to get settled in. I will admit that it is nothing like some of the tanks on this board, but I am working on it.
I have also seen some other people that are not all that far from us.
So what is your favorate LFS?