Shark and Eel purchases

cprdnick

Where do you guys order your sharks, rays and eels from? I mean I dont recall seeing sharks and rays on SWF.com, so do your LFS's order them for you or what? I know I can get bamboo sharks from my LFS, but I don't really think I've ever seen anything but a zebra moray as far as eels go. I've seen plenty of triggers die there, but other than that, nothing.

cprdnick

no, I don't think that's ok to put, but I'll look into it. I mean where are people buying these Black-Tips and Smootheads?

tony detroit

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
i dont know if this is ok to say, but the only place i've seen sharks and rays online is livequaria.com

Look on the page you are on and you will see swf.com sells yellow rays. Please edit that link from your post. SWF pays for this board through sales. You are sending their sales elsewhere. This is not in the best interest of your fellow board users. Thanks

polarpooch

I have a good relationship with both the good LFS --they will get a sheet each week with items available...I can tell them to look for whatever: rays, sharks, eels, fish, corals...
If one shows up on their list that I have requested, they'll call and ask if I want them to order it. That way, I'll be ready for the animal, and know how much it will cost...and where it comes from...
By the way, all sorts of odd things show up: black tips, leopard sharks, octos, weird rays, cuttlefish, nautilis (just some of what they showed me before)...you'd be amazed and what pops up from time to time.
So chum up to the LFS and ask them about ordering stuff special.
As for eels (this should be a permanent sticky in the aggressive forum): get Reef Fishes, Vol. One by Scott Michael...best source on moray info.

cincyreefer

It's not very difficult at all to get sharks.... just to get healthy ones. That is why you will sometimes find real big price differences from one place to another. And then you just have to be knowledgeable enough to know whether or not you are getting a good deal based on health.

tony detroit

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
lol, there, edited, but i dont see where SWF.com sells yellow rays....

Currently they took it off of the list, but at the time of your post it was up there, sorry to come off so harsh.