shark in 100 gallon

nmoran

You could get a marbeled cat shark. You'd have to make sure you had very good filtration though.

sharker

Ma rble catshark like said >they get 24 inches and they could have a 70 g tank.They are also called mecleays catshark.

scott270

also where would you get one and what filtration would you need in a 75 and is a 75 really ok for him

nmoran

You can just run a search on yahoo for marbled cat sharks, there's many sites that sell em. There not very expencive. I wouln't go with cc, use live sand. Most aquarium sharks spend most of there time on the bottom of the tank and could cut themselves. It will also help with filtration. The live rock is a good thing so it can have a place to conceal itself and will also help filter. You might want to read risc's post on shark filtration. You'll definitly want a wet/dry and a very good skimmer.

scott270

right now i have 2 emperor 400 and plan on a skimmer and uv, i have 55 lbs of arogonite and 15 lbs of cc so ls is a cant here would i still be ok, and im sorry what is a wet/dry, i am new and do not plan on a shark until i know everything, also is there any tankmates i coulc have in the 75, a snowflake eel or dwarf lion

fshhub

i know how big a 75 is, i have one, but i cannnot imagine puting a 2ft shark in to it, jsut take a good look at your tank, then try to imagine a 2 ft shark in yours, swimming gack and forth, then turning around, justa little test for you to try before buying a 2 ft shark for your tank :D
and i do agree with broomer5, so this is justa reccomendation
"YOUR TANK YOUR CHOICE"

risc

75 gallon is just way to small. There are a few sharks that can live in a 100 to 125 gallon their whole lives... but not in a 75. That could only be used as a very short term home for small sharks.
Jim