Shark ring busted

bseth90

My lfs just showed me an article about a huge leopard shark ring that just got busted. One of the main players has been contacting my lfs for about three months and they just kept blowing him off....they got lucky. Another store in Romulus, MIchigan wasn't as lucky since they were dealing with him. I guess the fine is $10,000 per shark, but four guys are looking at serious time....they deserve it I'm sure. Wish I had the article top post it.

armoreefer

I just ran across this thread and thought I would chime in...I live in Los Angeles, where leopard sharks breed during the spring months before migrating up the coast. I am an avid fisherman, and I usually catch many many many leopard sharks at roughly about 14 inches. I always just throw them back because the minimum legal length for these sharks are I beleive 36 inches. So anything under that is against the law. But unfortunately people fish them out and think they can take care of a shark that will grow over 6 feet long. Its actually very simple to catch these sharks off the coast of LA, but many people dont understand the law and the requirements these sharks require...very sad situation really. Tons of horns sharks, brown hound sharks as well, I wish people would just throw them back when they catch them, but as long as there are people who pay top money for them, this will be the situation, Im glad those jokers got caught.

bseth90

Have you been to Atlantis yet...its on 14 mile road? Its a small store, but they are pretty good in there.