Shark with goiter Jumps out of tank!

chana

As it says my Shark jump out of my tank. I have egg crate on top of the tank.
I have lights hanging from the ceiling. Got up in the morning and first thing checked the tanks (as always). My egg crate was kinda up on the tank found the shark on the floor. It was still alive put it back in the tank and went to work. Came home from lunch and she had layed an egg and dyed

Anyway so much for trying to do a good thing and nurse it back to health after somebody let it get a huge goiter.
and thanks crimzy for the help on the goiter

Way bummed --my days of sharks and rays are over.
BTW took the ray back to the lfs after everybody said it was to soon after the tank upgrade. He is doing fine there.

salt life

Originally Posted by chana
http:///forum/post/2974822
As it says my Shark jump out of my tank. I have egg crate on top of the tank.
I have lights hanging from the ceiling. Got up in the morning and first thing checked the tanks (as always). My egg crate was kinda up on the tank found the shark on the floor. It was still alive put it back in the tank and went to work. Came home from lunch and she had layed an egg and dyed

Anyway so much for trying to do a good thing and nurse it back to health after somebody let it get a huge goiter.
and thanks crimzy for the help on the goiter

Way bummed --my days of sharks and rays are over.
BTW took the ray back to the lfs after everybody said it was to soon after the tank upgrade. He is doing fine there.

wow that is really a bummer man sorry to hear about it. are you going to try and hatch the egg or what do you do with them?
Keep your head up, unfortunate things happen in this hobby

chana

No egg isn't fertalized
I guess i should have figured a 2 ft shark would be able to push up egg crate

salt life

Originally Posted by chana
http:///forum/post/2974850
No egg isn't fertalized
I guess i should have figured a 2 ft shark would be able to push up egg crate

ohhh gotchya...
it happens, we all have are moments where we under analyze something.

kmart189

you shouldn't get out of the hobby because you lost one shark put a better top on the tank and get a different shark you already have the setup and that's the most expensive part.imo