Shark

bellanavis

I just hatched a shark egg, he is so cool. My question is: Should I have sand instead of crushed coral?:confused:

crazy4reefs

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!
now i cant really answer your question about the shark .. i do believe that sand is better than crushed coral.. i just wanted to let you know that if you post this in the aggressive setups forum you will most likely get your answers.. sorry i couldnt help more... good luck

tlk

cant answer the sand/cc question, but I would be concerned about keeping it in a 65 gal tank. I would think that would be a bit small

D

daniel411

Most shark eggs being sold at lfs's are banded cat sharks. Essentially its a bottom dwelling shark. Having a crushed coral substrate could easily scratch his underside. If you can, sand would be much better. Becareful though, some of the sands, particularly the black tahitian sand are just as sharp.
It could do fine in a 65 gallon for some time. I'd be hesitant on if it could go over a year though.
I've never hatched one, but have been told that it can take awhile for them to start eating and maybe difficult to get them to start.