Sharks and Shrimps?

scottyk18

Does anyone know if cleaner shrimps will have a fighting chance with a coral banded cat shark or a nurse? Im planning my fish and would like to put some in but not sure if they can last. I did have a 30'' Zebra eel before that would let the shrimp clean its mouth.. any help would be appreciated! :help:

sharkboy13

i would suggest maybe a coral cat shark since they stay pretty small. the shark may attempt to eat the shrimp if it catches it in the open

S

shark bait

180 bow, so what is the max width in the middle and the widith at the sides. If it is under 24" on the sides you may want to do alot more research as most sharks will out grow a tank that has only that width. But just from knowing tanks i would say you are a 18 in the sides and 24 in the middle, but thats a tad under if the tank is 72" . it may be 20" to a 26 middle bow and that is still not a lot of room for a 30" shark to turn in. The idea is to give the shark room to turn with out hitting the glass. that is whay many people say you cant have a tank less than 72"x 32-34. Mine is 36" and works just great.
read this to get a better idea.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=254711

brenden

For a CoralCat shark you will need atleast 250gallons to keep it for life. And for a Nurse shark you will need 25,000 to keep one for life. So make sure you have the required minimum size tank before you make the purchase. And most crustceans and shrimp will be eaten by bottom dwelling sharks.

scottyk18

my tank comes out 18'' on the sides and bows to 30'' in the middle. Im guessing on the gallons. its 36'' tall. I actually red the thing about nurse sharks just before that was posted... I had no idea they get that big!

S

shark bait

if it is 36" tall it must be 1.5 2 in thick that is an expensive tank if it is acrylic. you could if you really wanted to keep a small shark, but at 18" you are pushing it....