sharks?

harndog

Is there any type of shark that would be at home is a 175 gal with sf tang,blue tang, n trigger, and DF puffer? Is my tank just to small? here is a pic of rock work also sand is oolite but has shells in it would this be a problem for shrks belly?

smoney

I believe the absolute minimum for a shark is 180g, plus you dont look like you have enough swimming room.

lion_crazz

Yeah, you would need a 180 for a baby shark and a much larger tank as it matures. Plus, you do not have enough swimming room.
However, I must say, even though you do not have much live rock, what you have is beautiful looking.

jr2857

Originally Posted by Cartman101
Little to late dont you think? :thinking:
just backing them up

cartman101

Yeah I know. But I just hate when people keep telling other people that their "tank" or "fish" is to big over and over again. Dont you think HarnDog already knows his tank is to small before you posted?

fallnhorse

Yeah I know. But I just hate when people keep telling other people that their "tank" or "fish" is to big over and over again. Dont you think HarnDog already knows his tank is to small before you posted?
AMEN

dea_mt

these are just opinions. that's what the forums are for right? he doesn't necessarily have to listen but it would be in his best interest to. and maybe people do need to be told that their fish are too big for their tank. after all putting a fish in a tank that is too small if just cruel!

harndog

thanks guys I do have the puffer but no trigger the tank is a 175 bf so it is 6 ft long 18" wide on the ends 24 in the middle and 28 " tall. thanks for the rock complements. I just thought I would ask sine I have seen some peeps keeping the coral cat in a 125. I know that don't make it right. Thanks for all of the response on this. I guess we will have the following
already have
RS SF tang
hippo tang
df puffer
thinking about
lion not sure if v lion or a smaller one of some type. this really depends on lfs
trigger of some type lfs has nice niger that is doing very well for about a month now
maybe some type of eel
possible grouper
maybe a wrasse of some type
feel free to help pick the other tank mates

jr2857

add a snowflake eel and a trigger or a lion. the trigger will not work well with a lion. it will beat it up i believe

5280_humu

with the puffer you should stay away from lions.you might run into nipping problems. a trigger or two and maybe a snow flake eel.
But then this is just a ?noob? opinion

unleashed

your more likely to get nipping from the trigger to the lion more so than the puffer.I have always had lions and puffers together they do fine .I did have a niger trigger for almost a yr that annoyed my lion .the lion finally got tired of him and stung him took about an hr to finish him off from paralesis .trigger almost 4 inches lion 12in bird wrasses are very active fish and less aggresive than most and its kinda cool to get a pair I have a male and female in my reef and they eat bristle worms

37g joe

Hey Cartman the tank is too small if you did not read the other posts hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. I could not resist

cartman101

Harndog,
Heres what I have in my 125gal:
-Niger trigger(.....I thought triggers had a "dog-type" of personality? Beautiful but boring)
-V.Lion(loves to dance in front of the glass. "beg for food")
-Goldentail Moray(very beautiful but shy)
-damsel (waiting for him to get eaten LOL)
I have had no problems with the trigger or lion. You mentioned a coral cat shark. You could possibly keep it in your size tank however they cost alot and there could be a chance your puffer will pick at the shark, its a 50/50 shot. JMO.