Sharks

smoney

Naw I didnt get to pet them, I wish. I believe those are leopard sharks. I want to get a tank like this one in my garage, that would we sweet.

jr2857

Holy Crap That Tank Is Way Overstocked!!!!!! The diameter is ONLY about 6ft. either it is a QT or they are extremely stupid

jr2857

they need huge tanks just so you know. they get about 6 ft long and are continuesly swimming sharks. 1000 even for a juvi. 4000+ gallon for an adult

smoney

The second one is a pic of one in the huge tank, I believe it is like 2000gallons. They move the sharks around alot. They usually have two in that tank and like 4 stingrays. They have some adult leopards that are like 3ft and some nurse sharks on the bottom of the huge tank. They know what they are doing, they have like 5 50 gallon tanks. Its a neat little aquarium.

5280_humu

Originally Posted by jr2857
they need huge tanks just so you know. they get about 6 ft long and are continuesly swimming sharks. 1000 even for a juvi. 4000+ gallon for an adult
Gee you sound as if you have a lot of experiance. Hopefully I can talk to you more when I finish my pond and get ready to stock it. I plan on getting a bonnet and a few rays. :cheer:

jr2857

i have no experience with sharks but plan on in the near future. i have reaserch loads on sharks but i know most of the basic info. sharks are just too cool. don't ask the avergae swf person like me. ask novice150 requim mattej AW2 moraymike.

jr2857

Originally Posted by SMoney
The second one is a pic of one in the huge tank, I believe it is like 2000gallons. They move the sharks around alot. They usually have two in that tank and like 4 stingrays. They have some adult leopards that are like 3ft and some nurse sharks on the bottom of the huge tank. They know what they are doing, they have like 5 50 gallon tanks. Its a neat little aquarium.
2000 still won't be enough for a full grown leopard let alone a full grown nurse. i hope they know what they're doing. also moving fish around alot causes alot of stress. alot means weekly, monthly DAILY :scared: or something else. being in a new home in such a short time will cause alot of stress.

jr2857

Originally Posted by reeftank27
i'd guess you were about 12

i am. i want to be a marine-bioligist or doctor when i grow up

jr2857

go to the smiles on the side of your typing area. hope you noticed it by now with around 80 posts

ams153

those sharks are definately very cool! and the Nurse sharks could very easily survive in a 2000 gallon tank and even be happy.. they are very big sharks around 14 feet i believe but they could be happy in a 2000 with no problem!

jr2857

it grow 14ft!!!!!!!!! wetwebmedia says tens of thousands of gallons. 2000 just isn't gonna cut it . it could be in there temporarily though. requim's 2700 gallon is already 14ft in length. even if they are non-active sharks they do still need big tanks.