sharks!

krj-1168

While there are some species -like Bamboos, Coral Cats, Epaulettes, or Horns that may be kept in a 125 for up to a year (as pups).
There's present no Species of shark that can be kept for it's entire life time in any tank/pond under about 220 gallons (6'L x 2.5'W).
So if you were to get a shark - you will have to upgrade.

nemo1234

i went to a LFS and they have 2 sharks in a 125 gallon. They had a nurse shark, and a black tip reef shark, including an eel. Each shark was about 4 feet long, and the eel was even longer. The black tip was all beat up on its tail and its face. really sad especially since they had no room to swim.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by nemo1234
i went to a LFS and they have 2 sharks in a 125 gallon. They had a nurse shark, and a black tip reef shark, including an eel. Each shark was about 4 feet long, and the eel was even longer. The black tip was all beat up on its tail and its face. really sad especially since they had no room to swim.
WOW!!! That torcher!!! What was the LFS called? I live in California too and would like to know what the store called.

nemo1234

Are we allowed to say names of LFS on here? I know we an't put prices from what I've read, so I'm sot sure if we can put that, or are we allowed to? I'll just say now, it's in Southern California.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by zdthompson
wait a second you said they are 4 feet long and in a 125? my 150 is 6 feet wide. i smell somthing fishy.
The sharks are 4 foot...not the tank

zdthompson

sigh no no no ok tank is little less then 6 feet long and the sharks are 4 feet. if there 4 feet there "wing span" would be maybe foot and a half 2 feet. that makes them touch each side of the tank. and with 4 feet long they have 2 feet to move back and forth in... so tech really they are laying on top of eachother.... see what i am saying?