She was sold to me as a fuscus...

Well I was in our lfs and they had 3 very healthy seahorses, two yellow brazillians, and what they said (and what looked like at first glance) a fuscus seahorse. They were all eating well and looked healthy, so I picked out the fuscus. Well I get her home and start drip acclimating her and I looked alot closer and I think she is a baby (she's only about 3 inches with her tail uncureled) kelloggi seahorse. I've heard these have no long term succses. This is my first seahorse so it was easy for me to make the mistake. Is there anything I can do to increase her chances of living?
Tanks stats:
30g
nitrates 0
nitrites 0
ph 8.2 (trying to get it to 8.4)
salinity 1.24
tempeture 78
Inhabitance
2 very peaceful oceallaris clownfish
1 fire fish
2 yellow clown gobies
1 neon goby
1 seahare
1 2" gigas clam
1 purple gorgian
green sinularia
assorted snails
zoas and palys
cheato
orange digita
monticap
mushrooms and ricordia
ora blue tort
toad stool
and colt coral
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Diane

scuba101

sounds like you have alot of stuff in the tank already, it's going to be dificult to feed the guy. what type of food are you planning to offer(small ghost shrimp)? and the clam could hurt him.

When I feed my corals cyclopleze she eats that. At the fish store she was eating brine shrimp, I'm weening her off of that and on to the cyclopleeze. The cyclopleze gets all over the tank, I just finished feeding the corals and I'm happy to say that she started eating all the free floating peices! So I probobly won't have to feed the brine shrimp any more.

rykna

Originally Posted by twist of lime
http:///forum/post/2889628
Also all the fish will be moved into our new big tank in a couple weeks.
You can train your horses to eat from a food dish.

This way you know exactly how much your horses are consuming. Do you have pics to post? I'd love to see your 3 beauties!

-tara33-

take the clam out asap! if the seahorse touches it with its tail its going to slam shut on him and kill the seahorse!

teresaq

yes the clam is a threat to your horse also any corals that sting. Kellogi have a better chance of survival at lower temps. around 72 degrees.
Please start feeding your horse frozen mysis. what you are feeding is not natural horse food. It will soon starve.
T