Shear Heaven in Allentown,Pa. is the place to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

chipmunk

Hello
Just letting everyone know that if your in the Allentown area you need to stop by Shear Heven to check out there saltwater section. The have some of the best corals I have ever seen. Jime and the guys do a great job helping out the customers with new tanks as well as tank and fish problems. Stop by and check this place out.

goldenboy

If only they'd sell out of their display tank...

I bought a brain from them a couple weeks back. Pretty nice, reasonable prices.

marco333

I live 45-1h away is it worth a drive out to this store. How big is it.
Another great new store is East Coast Aquatics in Prospect Park PA

tomisfast

I was at East Coast Aquatics today. Nice store. I was just browsing because I know I should stop buying stuff. Actually I was in the area because a guy on ---- near there was selling ricordias cheap. I got 3 pack for $20. Shear Heaven is also nice store. If you make the drive, you might want to do it on a saturday and also hit something fishy up the road from shear heaven. That way you have two stores to check out to make trip more worth while.

chipmunk

I would skip over something fishy. They dont have ----. That place s----. Half the corals are dead in the place and the corals that are good are just hanging on. If you want the best for your money and the gys at shear jeaven dont sell it unless it good to go and its healthy. Visit this shop. They have a lot of nice orals in this weekend and more coming in on monday. But if its junk you want and you feel like throwing yor money away go visit something shitty.

puffer32

I went to the hidden reef last week for the first time. I was impressed with the store, and the staff. I was going to buy a a fish that had a lump on his nose that i didn't even notice, the salesperson saw it while taking it out of the tank (they don't use nets btw) and advised me to pass on it. They don't seem like they will sell you something just to make a sale, and wanted to know what lighing and all about my tank and suggested what would be good for my tank, and more important what wouldn't be good for it. Nice corals, low on fish, but what they had was nice. Its in Philly. My fav store is in frazer. It is small, not many tanks but what they had were chock full of unusual corals, and not real pricey. i will check out the others when i am over that way, very familiar with prospect park, grew up in that area.

tomisfast

I think we are lucky that we have a good number of choices in the area. Finding fish being sold in the forums on here can be great too.

shnabbles

I went to the Hidden Reef in philly today, and was going to stop at ECA on the way home but they closed at 7! and on a saturday... thats horrible

puffer32

rainbow, where exactly is this store, always game on checking out different stores, especially if you give me a discount lol!

marco333

Originally Posted by puffer32
My fav store is in frazer. It is small, not many tanks but what they had were chock full of unusual corals, and not real pricey.
are you talking about frazer zoo? I always go there.

tboy

sorry to interupt everybody.
can u all give me the name, address, or their phone number, of all those great aquarium around there? I live in NJ but i go there to philly a lot.

embryoguy

thanks for the info. would you mind if we meet at shear heaven sometimes so you can show me the corals. thanks, please send me a pm