Shift Workers?

pfitz44

Does anyone work shift work here?? Ive just been offered a job as a system operator for National Grid, the electric company for most of New ingland and upstate NY. Its 12 hr shifts, alternating days and nights.
Is a few hrs of flux in fish eating going to screw with them??

phixer

12 on 12 off 7 days a week for months on end while underway. After awhile it all becomes a blur.

fccman

I have worked shift work for about 3 years now. 12 hrs a day alternating days and nights and it hasn't affected my tank yet. Sometimes its a pain in the butt though. You just have to plan ahead when you know somethin needs to be done.

aw2

Originally Posted by Phixer
12 on 12 off 7 days a week for months on end while underway. After awhile it all becomes a blur.

Yeah, but the Navy really doesnt count...I cant stand you squids!

marky mark

Originally Posted by PFitz44
Does anyone work shift work here?? Ive just been offered a job as a system operator for National Grid, the electric company for most of New ingland and upstate NY. Its 12 hr shifts, alternating days and nights.
Is a few hrs of flux in fish eating going to screw with them??

I have been working 12 hour rotating shifts for the past 16 years. Once you get used to the rotating part of the shifts, you will love the time off if you are a family man. I work for KeySpan Energy and it was just announced last month that KeySpan is being taken over by National Grid. I guess I will be working for the same company as you.
My fish have no problem at all eating at different hours of different days. They just get used to it also.