Shipping a tank?

wolffvet

I am planning on selling my 65 gallon tank on ---- and buying a drilled 75 from a guy. I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a tank shipped and how much it runs and who is the best to use?

jwalters77

Have you tried you LFS...I would ask them how they recieve the tanks and who they use..My always has tanks coming in and out...HTH
Jake

azonic

Shipping something that large is VERY expensive, especially since sept 11. The cost of freight on airlines is gone sky-high, especially here in canada were Air canada has the monopoly. My LFS says he went from paying $2000 a month on shipping for all of his orders total to around $2000 a week! He only gets new tanks, fixtures, etc etc in once a month so i would imagine it is quite costly. How much does the tank weigh? how far is it going to be shipped? Most people on ---- who put tanks up for bid usually limit the bidders to local people, or they say you have to pick it up yourself due to the extensive shipping charges. Anyway, hth in some way

wolffvet

I would go for the bigger tank but I am in a trailer house and I am not sure the floor would hold. I guess I could crawl under and but some braces and go for the 180...lol ;) I might go to my lfs and see if I can sell it to them. I asked about some aquariums the other day and they said they were really having problems getting them for some reason. Anyway, I appreciate the info.