Shoaling Firefish?

S

sykomagnet

I want some purple Firefish.
BUT i have a 55gal reef.
I have a bi-colour Dottyback at the mo. And i definatly want 2 Ocelaris or Percula clownfish.
Do i have enough room for 2 Firefish? I know they like to shoal, but will they ok on their own?
They won't kamakazi from being lonely or something will they? :notsure:

S

sykomagnet

If anybody is confused about what i'm saying, im just wondering if you can keep just 1 firefish and they'll be perfectly fine?
Has anyone had success with just 1 and not 2 or more??

promisetbg

You can keep just one or two without a problem.And yes,they do jump so make sure your tank is covered.Keep an eye on that bicolor,inch for inch one of the most aggressive little fish towards newcomers.

hawthorn

ive had a firefish on its own for about 6 months now and hes totally fine not had a single problem with him even when i had an out break of ich he was the only fish that didnt seem to get it not sure why that was but i was happy about it hes very easy to keep and will eat anything i give him.

N

nereef

I made an order from this website a while back, and, in order to boost the order to the $79, I added a blue chromis. He was fine by himself. Also, IMO one more firefish won't up your bioload that much.