Shocked

dad

AAAAAAHHHH. Yes,
make sure your tank is on a GFCI recepticle or breaker! ok?

wallda

Is there any good way to test if there is any current running through a tank. I have a few ideas, but don't want to try them without hearing other ideas.

kris walker

If you get shocked, then there is no current running through the tank when you're not touching it. The only reason one gets shocked is because there is a buildup of charges in the tank, which means the charges are not flowing anywhere. When you get shocked, you complete the circuit giving the charges a place to go (into the ground beneath your feet). Try Out-on-a-Limb's advice and get a grounding probe if you are that concerned about it (I don't know how concerned you should be). :)
sam

adrian

I would suggest a gounding probe on everyones tank, you never know when your heater might get cracked or something :eek: They cost like $15 and I would rather spend the $ then get lit up ;)

rhearrel

Definitely go with a grounding probe. I had a heater crack last winter and found out the hard way.
I got mine at my LFS for about 15 dollars.

kevin01

Awww, come on... it's just 110V Little bit of numbness and a twitch is all you will walk away with. (discaimer: this is not recommended)