Shooms and zoa placement under MH's

tuchon35

I recently got some shrooms and zoa's. I have 2x150's on a 55 gallon tank, where should i place them? Thank you

g-dude

The inside of your lid should be about 3 feet. So I guess that you should place one MH at least 1 ft in from each side. You might also want to place your shrooms at the bottom in shaded areas. Shrooms require some light to grow not alot. You could leave your zoas out any where underneith the lights theyll b okay.

yosemite sam

I usually put them at the bottom, and leave room further up for more light demanding corals, but really you can put them anywhere.

tuchon35

Thank you, one more question, if i got 4 or 5 different types of mushrooms, can i place them all next to each other, or should i keep them next to the same color?

g-dude

Yes you could place them to next to each other if youd like to. Or if you notice that you have lose mushrooms laying around on the sand take them out cut them into 4 peices using a new-clean razerblade. Once your done cutting just dump them back in. Give a lil time and those peices will turn into shrooms again. Ive done it a few times myself. I ll send U pics as soon as I figure out how.

tuchon35

Awesome, you actually brought something up, that i was wondering about. I have blueish/purplish shroom that fell off, but it is only an inch in diameter. I could still cut it into 4 pieces? How would i attach those 4 little pieces once cut? By just finding a nice cratter in the rocks or glueing them

g-dude

To be honest with you I have never used glue to get my mushrooms just place them on a peice of LR in an area that there is no current what so ever and this way theyll attach them selves. Besides professionals like us dont use glue
:happyfish

g-dude

To be honest wit u i cant ship across the border without some kind of special license. Iv wanted to trade in the past.