should I buy or not

boadyboom

36" 2x96W Coralife LUNAR Aqualight Deluxe Series
1x Actinic and 1x 10,000K, 2x 3/4W Blue LEDs -Straight Pin for 240.00
OR
130W JBJ 30" POWER COMPACT AQUARIUM LIGHTING PL-JG326 189 bucks
any one ever hear of these setups? and what kind of corals can i have with it? I have a 36 g bow tank but it fits 30" lights. I was hopeing the legs would shorten on this set up to fit my tank-- any help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking back my powercompact/moonlight set up as the fan makes way too much noise.

T

thomas712

My suggestion would be to look at the VHO retrofit kits out there.
I spotted one for 240 bucks with bulbs that I selected on line. It has 4 bulbs and would give you 75 watts per bulb for 300 watts. You could expect some shipping charge but it would be better IMO that what your looking at. It doesn't come with feet and the bulbs are 24 inches long each.
Thomas

T

thomas712

Well when I had my 55 up and running I just hung it from the ceiling with chains and hooks. When it moved to my 90 I mounted it inside the hood with screws.
If you have no hood then I'm not sure of what you could do with hanging it from the ceiling, but it is an option.
I am also not sure what bow front owners do with theres. Perhaps you could start a post about bow front tanks and ask how they have their lights on thier systems.
Thomas