Should I keep this fish?

pthoma79

I bought a Coral Beauty from my LFS 6 days ago, and a few days after I got him in the tank, his right eye got cloudy, and he has some discolorations in his face. They don't look like ich or anything, they just look discolored. It also looks like it has a very small hole in the middle of its tail. It seems to be eating fine, and behaving normally. Is it possible these are just war wounds from being introduced into the new tank? I have a Clown and a Royal Gramma in the tank as well. I haven't seen any aggressive behavior from it, but my wife says she has seen my Clown chasing it around the tank.
The owner of the LFS is a good guy, and I think he would take the fish back if I wanted to trade it for something else. Should I do that? Or just keep an eye on it and see if it changes?
Thanks!

tlsohio

Your talking about taking the fish back to the LFS. I would assume then, that you can catch it. If you can catch it, put it in your quaretene tank and watch is there and if medication is necessary you can administer safely. Many LFS don't offer warranties on Salt water livestock. But it's really a personal decission. If the fish has anything that the other fish in your tank can catch, it's now already present in your tank. If your other fish are doing well and are not stressed there is a good chance they won't contract it anyway. Hope this helps. Good Luck

flower

If the fish didn't look like that when you bought it, the guy will not take it back. It got sick in your care. You should always quarantine a new fish. There is some info put up by Beth on fish illnesses along with pictures, go through it and see if something matches your fish.
Angelfish are extremely sensitive to bad water conditions.