Should I QT a Mandarin Dragonet?

miami298

Just wondering if I should QT it or not. I hear a lot of people say it can't get ich but I want to double check before risking anything.

N

nereef

i would just drip aclimate, then net the fish in. you don't want lfs water in your tank.

05xrunner

i dont think he ment aclimating.
He ment should he QT it incase its sick. I think they are pretty strong to most thing..plus in a QT it would probably def starve

sepulatian

Mandarines do not need to be qt'd. They are the only fish that don't require this. Slowly drip acclimate him into your tank.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
i dont think he ment aclimating.
He ment should he QT it incase its sick. I think they are pretty strong to most thing..plus in a QT it would probably def starve
that's what i meant when i said "you don't want lfs water in your tank"

miami298

Thanks guys. After a recent experience with having to perform treatment and having my tank go fallow for over a month I want to avoid it again at all costs. No QT it is for Mr. Mandarin.

N

nereef

by the way, i don't know if you were planning on it, but don't fw dip the fish before adding it to the display. it does something strange to their slime coats.

lion_crazz

I agree with both not quarantining and not freshwater dipping a mandarin. Both can be very harmful to the fish.