Should I treat my fish??

mpal

Being stupid I added a Maroon clown to my tank with QT first. Anyway learned that lesson. My problem is I added the Clown about a month ago. The next morning the clown and the 5 green chromis all had ick. I started feeding garlic soaked food and three days later, no ick. It has been three and a half weeks and I have seen no signs of ick. So should I still pull the fish out and do hypo? Or is the tank clear of ick?

pattie

HI THERE, LIKE THE EXPRESSION SAYS "DON'T FIX WHAT AINT BROKEN" IF YOU ADDED GARLIC AND THE ICK DISAPPEARED, WHY WOULD YOU NOW ADD ANYTHING ELSE IF YOU SEE NO ICK???? WHAT I WAS TOLD TO DO BY THE PETSTORE(BEVERLYS BY THE WAY) IS TO ADD SOME "PRO-TECH" ACCORDING TO MEASUREMENTS....THIS LIQUID WILL ALLOW NEW FISH TO BE STRESS FREE, WILL GIVE FISH IN TANK MORE SLIME TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING ICK AGAIN!!! OR OTHER VIRUSES... I'M NEW AT THIS BUT I AM USING COMMON SENCE AND LEARNING FROM THIS SITE....IT'S SO GOOD TO BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS....HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE HERMIT CRAB WITHPOUT THE SHELL, DID IT SURVIVE, POOR THING!!! GOOD LUCK, PATTIE")

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Continue with the garlic treatment for another 3 weeks. If you still have no problems, then you may have been among the few that have survived ick without any real effective treatment. However, at the first sign of disease, you will need to treat.