Show me the best way to glue rocks and corals

Hey I wanna glue a few coral branches to some rocks? What is the best glues out there and how should it be done? For example I wanna glue some trumpet corals to a rock... And I have Toad stool leather I wanna glue... should I scrape the botttom of the toad stool and then glue it or should I just glue it like that, I heard I have to scrap some of it at the bottom so it can stick well, Other wise the mucus from the stool wont let it stick very well... Do you glue the corals under water,or out side of the water???????????????????:rolleyes:

Wow I cant believe than nobody knows how to glue a pice of live rock, or a pice of coral to a rock :eek: I thought we had good experinced people here!!!!!!!!!!!

J

juju

Isnt that stuff really really toxic? I'm new at this reef thing but super glue sounds...well, dangerous.

spsfreak100

Super Glue Gel which is cyanoacrylate based is not toxic. I've used Quicktite for all my glueing that i've ever done. All you need to do is push on two sides, and the glue comes out, and it has a special lock so when you're done, no glue could dry up as long as it's still in the tube. But, any other super glue gel will do just fine.
I also sometimes use Plumbers Epoxy Putty (can be found at your local Home Depot or Lowe's deparment stores) for gluing frags inside the tank. This works well for gluing the fragments right onto the rock.
Graham

harrysreef

Super glue gel is the way to go imo. Best if used outside tank, take frag and rock, touch dry areas to get glued, damp is ok, place gel and hold pieces together for a few seconds then place in a bucket with tank water for a few minutes till complete set. Then place rock back in main tank. It will work direct under water in main tank I just like to keep it seperate while curing.:)