Show me your Aquascapes!!!!

asharp13

I am looking to upgrade to a larger tank very soon and want to start planning my scape. id like some recommendations and photos of cool elements you all have included into your tanks and how you accomplished them. id like to see columns, walls, peaks, plateaus, overhangs, tunnels, and anything cool you can think of that make fish happier and more enjoyable to watch swim around and through the reef scape. ill try to get some cool pics that i have found up soon also!!!

gill again68

Not the best picture but I think you can see most of the shelves and caves. All this is from good rock and a little stacking. It looks like a wall of rock with out the 3 D but I can tell you there are so many holes and caves that I dont see my fish sometimes for a day. They really seem to like it. Now as far as how I did it.
First I built a PVC stand for my rocks to sit on. I have a 2" DSB and I didnt want the rocks sitting down in the sand. Next I just studied the pieces I had and tried to lay them out prior to placing in the tank. Again for me there was not a lot of need to invent or use other "stuff" to create the caves and shelves. I ordered 3 types of rock and that gave me the pieces I needed. I am certain that you can find a lot more creative stuff out there. I will tell you this. If you have not already bought your tank and have the room for it. Get a tank that is 24" front to back. It will open up a world of scapes for you.
Good Luck.

flower

I want coral so I made sure I have caves since not all coral wants bright lights and I didn’t want to be limited.
I bought one of those ceramic corals, it looks like a big yellow fan. I use that for stability for one side. It seeded just like live rock over time. I also purchased 2 big slabs of base rock that was good and flat and big enough to make a nice shelf. For the top of my cave, I made two.
Here is the result.

I have been doing this for many more years then I would like to admit.lol. I start of with limestone rock and place my live rock on top of it. It allows me to hammer away on the cheap stone to create flat stable base for stacking the live rock. All this creating a lot of caves and nooks for livestock and coral ect. just look at my recent post at the following link.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/369589/if-i-wanted-to-trade-my-180-reef-system-for-a-salona-bio-cube-is-that-aloud-here

veni vidi vici

Here is a few shots of my 125.I started with a foam/rock backdrop and then made up some more caves and columns with a assortment of lace,tufa,and liverock.

noah's nemo

i have lots of little caves that the fishies like.They all have thier own spots too.No corals,because i'll be getting an angel soon

bcollett

There are a couple little caves. I tried to keep flat surfaces at the top for corals to be placed on . etc.

small triggers

heres mine, you cant really see the depth of it, but it varies from looking at the left side is about a foot deep with lots of holes and caves to the right side at just about 4 inches deep. there is about a foot of space up front and 8 inches to a foot in the back for swimming...

asharp13

WOW I LOVE IT!!!! u all have really got my head spinning now!!! there are so many possibilities idk how i am going to make up my mind hahaha
keep em comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

desert fishy

Can't see all the caves and crevices in this picture, but there are a lot. All the fish have plenty of spots to dart in and out. My only regret is getting my engineer goby. I love the fish and he's growing extremely fast, but he is constantly re-landscaping - you can see the mound of sand on the right side of the tank - that was done the night before this recent pic.

ashleigh234

Heres my 4ft. Looking to add more rock in mine at some stage, but theres a few caves and flat ledges etc in mine now after re-arranging it all a couple of times. Bit hard to see them in photos of course

asharp13

Has anyone toyed with PVC tubing?? I have been toying with the idea of putting clear tubing in the front of the tank beneath the sand. Do you think any fish would take to it/look cool or stupid???

reefkprz

here is my 75. not looking its best since the crash but I love my aquascaping on the right side, I have never liked the left side though. I cant seem to get it the way I want it.