Show me your in wall setup?

grubsnaek

thinking about knocking some wall down to combine my front porch and living room. with this wall down will greatly expanding my space. i was fiddling with the notion to put the tank on the other side of the wall. this room now has a 55 turtle tank holdin 3 red ear sliders. it is also has my closet in it. very small room. for an infant. any way. i was looking for some full tank shots of the wall tanks and some of the equipment room also. this will greatly influence my decision on moving the tank.
thanx you in advanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see them

bullitr

i hoping that this is my before picture and the after will be soon when i get more sps and better equipment. thanks though

grubsnaek

that is a weird lookin 225, just seems small. but im guessing its tall. i have seen your thread on this tank, so i know the measurments. prob bigger in person

angelman

I have always wanted to do an in wall.
Want to use the family room wall that backs against the garage.
I want to put in a long tank as the wall is 22' long and dress it up as a picture frame.
I will have the tank actually sit in the garage where I will do all the service from.
The only thing that has stopped me is the wife.
I hate when she makes sense.
She always does but boy I don't like to accept it.
The biggest concern with a project like this is how long do you plan to live in your home?
Is this something you will have to leave behind if you leave?
Will the buyer care for a tank like that?
In Florida, four customers had built ins. They all sold their homes and I found new customers as they knew nothing of fish tanks and were happy with the way it looked. One home was sold over four times, each time a new customer for me.
However, that may not be the case all over the country.
Aside from these questions, she asked me who was going to pay for the electric bill to chill that tank that would sit in the garage, in South Florida? She also wanted to know when is it I was going to get her the drapes she wants, buy a new living room set, do crown moldings, do new larger baseboard moldings, remodel the remaining two out of the three bathrooms that we have yet to remodel, and on and on and on.
So......my built in tank is still just a dream, for someday.

bullitr

if something happen and i have to move i will leave tha tank i will but i will take all of my reef equipment, i leave a simple set up and it will look as good as before . i will put colorful fish nothing exotic but colorful maybe angel , tangs, and i have to have a harlequin tusk . we have a great lfs that just re open that can maintain it for the new home owner.right now its a possibility i loss a lot of money in real estate and i dont want to have over 8500 per month for my house and rental property and 3 small kids 4,3, and 1. and that is why i was having a midlife crisis at 28 y/o last year
. how colorado this time of the year?

grubsnaek

my house now is too small to do an in wall. and the time line could be 10 years or 2 years. i was asking more for my mothers house. she lives in PA. its a ranch house with a full finished basement. when i visit up there i do have my own room, but if i ever choose to move there i would do an in wall quickly in the finished basement.
but i would like more pics for future thinking and planning, i have seen many people on this board with in walls and not much response.

bullitr

Originally Posted by ZeroC
View through the porthole.

i want a port hole but my wife don't like it she said it does match the house.