show me your xenia corals!

mr.clownfish

everybody post some pics of ur xenia.

my xenia looks super awesome. i have 2 kinds the larger brown xenia and the smaller pink pulsating one. i need an ID on the larger brown ones. ill take a pic and post it when the lights come on tomorrow.
POST PICS OF UR XENIA PLEASE!!!

flower

Here you go...There is more on the side now...but this was a week ago...
Where is YOUR pictures????

aquaguy24

heres mine before the renovations...still have a little colony left but on another rock...im sure it'll become a large colony with in a few months..lol got part of my sons' head in the pic...

lil.guppy

Flower that is jaw dropping beautiful!
Did they do that on their own or did you help them and if so how did you do it?

aquaguy24

Thanx, yeah the common names varies from place to place. Vivid had them called hipnotic. I got it my lfs tho. but very pretty coral. their motions are almost like xenias. They grow pretty fast but not as fast as xenias.

flower

OOOO I love those HYPNOTIC star pylops, you said...I have got to find me some.
Thank you Lil.Guppy...I had these Xenia since my 75g (so about 2 years now)...my lights went bad and they were just a snot spot I never cleaned up. When I got new lights they sprouted anew. All I did was turn the rock they were on to it's side so they would climb.
They do look good but I really didn't do anything...just let them grow.

mr.clownfish

ill post mine up tomorrow. i have to clean the glass b4 i take the pic. mine kills all of ur xenias.

ill show u from what mine grew from. hold on one sec.

flower

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3106190
People would love it more if it didn't spread so bad :)

I like it spreading up the one side...I paid $60.00 for one little stalk...the LFS said he would take all the frags I bring him for store credit...Life is good.

jackri

I started with 2 1/2 stalks... I have at least 100 and have throw out 40 or so. Wish our LFS took corals in for store credit.

flower

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3106213
I started with 2 1/2 stalks... I have at least 100 and have throw out 40 or so. Wish our LFS took corals in for store credit.
They won't take it??? I would hate to kill it.