Show off your anemones!!!!

saltymarine

Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/post/2980144
yeah! I love them! They only get to be about the size of a half dollar coin. They split like crazy!! Some of mine have white speckles now, which looks really cool.
I bought one for $10 a couple years ago. They are in demand now and I've seen people sell minis similar to mine, but not as bright for $30 each.
I googled mini carpet anemone and looked at images and DeMartini's picture shows up!
Are you really a mini carpet anemone?

J

jojo727

i've been thinking about putting one in my 135g but i'm unsure if my lighting will support one. its a DIY hood consisting of (4) 4ft T-5s and (2) 2ft PC bulbs that sits 6" above the waters surface and i have 2 rock piles with the top of them being 4" from the waters surface. the tank has been set up for close to a year now with water params being good.

05xrunner

Originally Posted by dnvrbrown
http:///forum/post/2984383
How long should a tank be established before attemping an anemone? I've had my 36 since November and my 75 since December. Do you think I could get one soon for either of them?
I would say you are fine as long as you have good lights. That whole 6months to a year..Personally I think people act a little odd with how long they wait on some things..Hell some people I am surprised they even have water in it after a year with how slow they think you need to go.
I had my Green bubble tip in my tank about 3months or so after it was setup. It is a happy camper in my tank.

I got a little surprise lastnight to..I looked over and after about a month and a half my true perc pair finally started to go in the nem

lmecher

05Xrunner~
You make a good point about how long to wait until adding anemones. It is not really how long the tank has been up and running it is maturity and stability. Some tanks will ready sooner and some will take longer. The 6 month recomendation is just a general guide. So many folks new to saltwater loose anemones to new tank syndrome, be careful not to discount the need for a mature/stable tank. It also takes time for the aquarist to get used to caring for the tank, inexperience + a new setup = disaster in most cases. The importants of proper conditions cannot be stressed enough, these delicate inverts after all are not recomended for beginers. In my opinion going slow is a good thing.
BTW absolutely love your gbta, nice going

thopkins

I love anemones and have never had much luck with them. I'd love to try one again, where can I get one reasonably priced since I don't have much confidence especially with my history:)
Thanks,
Tina

lmecher

I'd recomend you try a local club first. If you can find a clone locally that'd be you the best way to find a healthy and reasonably priced one. I just picked up this little beauty last night from a local guy.

sueandherzoo

Here's one of my pink-tips, it is amazing to watch my clown feed it - he is such a dedicated caretaker! I love anemones and would love to have more but you can't mix different types of anemones in the same tank, right? I have two pink tips in one tank and then bought a BTA but lost a few fish suddenly when I added it to the tank - had to move it to another tank. Does anyone have any luck keeping different types in the same tank or do you have to get the same type?

thopkins

I live in a very small remote town and have no clubs around. The closest place is about 45 miles from me and usually the cheapest is around $60-70. What mail order do you recommend?

lmecher

Originally Posted by thopkins
http:///forum/post/2999496
I live in a very small remote town and have no clubs around. The closest place is about 45 miles from me and usually the cheapest is around $60-70. What mail order do you recommend?
Sent you a PM

thopkins

Where would you recommend I get anemones, since you have so many looks like you are experienced with them. Being from KY mail order is usually my best option.
Thanks,
Tina