show off your meat corals

who dey

i can't be the only one with one of these beautiful corals. The color changes are amazing

who dey

Originally Posted by richarl5
that is a cool coral! too bad i'm not ready for one yet...
thanks! I havn't seen another one since i got it. Hoping someone on here has one also

who dey

Originally Posted by pohtr
Do they have any special requirements, more so than other corals? He's beautiful!
i have him under VHO's and feed him krill once a week. He's about 2 years old and has grown very fast. Started around 5" in diam and when fully extended after feeding he's grown up to 12" in diam

paulcoates

mine is only a few weeks old. He is sitting at the bottom of my 55 reef with 260W PC. He is eating well though. I have him several pieces of mysis today and his lips puckered right up.
My LFS has a red one, but it is $169. A little too rich for my blood

who dey

Originally Posted by paulcoates
mine is only a few weeks old. He is sitting at the bottom of my 55 reef with 260W PC. He is eating well though. I have him several pieces of mysis today and his lips puckered right up.
My LFS has a red one, but it is $169. A little too rich for my blood
wow a red one, I'd like one of those

who dey

Originally Posted by cwgibson
what is the name of this coral?
some call it a meat coral. Not sure of the scientific name :notsure:

joshh81

I dont have a meat coral.... but I do have a very close cousin the Cynarina lacrymalis or button coral. It freakin huge. I bought it about 3 months ago. When fully opened it was about 3 inches across. Today, its at least the 8 to 10 inches in diameter.

who dey

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
who dey, was that a CBS? how are they with your corals?
the cbs steals the krill out of the corals mouth sometimes during feeding. Thats the only problem