Show off your tank(s)!!

honu808

Many of us have discussed it. I think its because when the economy died so did alot of hobbiest, AND its not well known. It doesnt come up in a search on internet. Its hard to find and you are not allowed to post links to other sites because this is foremost a salt business with a benefit of a forum.
Spam bots are more controlled now but not so much 10 years ago. As a mod thats all I did first thing in the morning was delete the crap.
When you report a thread now the mods dont even know where it goes because to me they still dont have adequate assistance from the admin people that run the site. Just my .02

mandy111

Many of us have discussed it. I think its because when the economy died so did alot of hobbiest, AND its not well known. It doesnt come up in a search on internet. Its hard to find and you are not allowed to post links to other sites because this is foremost a salt business with a benefit of a forum.
Spam bots are more controlled now but not so much 10 years ago. As a mod thats all I did first thing in the morning was delete the crap.
When you report a thread now the mods dont even know where it goes because to me they still dont have adequate assistance from the admin people that run the site. Just my .02
Its such a shame, forums are what kept us going through all the stupid mistakes and hard times when we first started. I find quite a few forums have a select group of nasty people that tend to put people off quickly. This looks like a nice forum, and who knows sometimes the smaller the better. lol

mandy111

Very beautiful, not much of rocks and sands, did I miss the powerheads?,
Hi. We actually have over 180kg of rocks in there. & another 80lg in sump Just stacked quite high. Tank is. 2.5 height we need swim room for the tangs that are active swimmers & wanted lots of Space We have 2 maxpect gyers in the tank either end. They are very low profile which us one reason we chose them being the tank is viewable from 3 sides. Used to run 4 tunze's. - great but ugly. Lol. Sorry it appears In that photo we have both gyers on weir end which wasn't working. Now 1 either end. Lol

Hi. We actually have over 180kg of rocks in there. & another 80lg in sump Just stacked quite high. Tank is. 2.5 height we need swim room for the tangs that are active swimmers & wanted lots of Space We have 2 maxpect gyers in the tank either end. They are very low profile which us one reason we chose them being the tank is viewable from 3 sides. Used to run 4 tunze's. - great but ugly. Lol. Sorry it appears In that photo we have both gyers on weir end which wasn't working. Now 1 either end. Lol
I pretty sure that you are not follow LB/G in regarding rocks, is it any benefit to put rock in the sump area? I have to say gyers in way to go. Again, it is very beautiful.

mandy111

I pretty sure that you are not follow LB/G in regarding rocks, is it any benefit to put rock in the sump area? I have to say gyers in way to go. Again, it is very beautiful.
Good bacteria on live rock works just as well in sump as it does in DT. The more surface area for it to live the better. I also have. 2 kg of matrix stones in sump as well. Seems to be no rule these days for lb per gallon Open scapes have a huge advantage with regards to nitrates and detritus , allowing much better flow. My nitrates are always 0.00 - 0.02. Never higher. The secret to live rock in sump is fine balance between flow being to fast for bacteria to consume baddies or too slow and not filter properly. But seems to work. Thank you for lovely compliments. This looks like a very experienced forum & hoping I can help contribute in some small way. Appreciate it.

snakeblitz33

Mandy,

Where are you from? You use a lot of different terminology than most of us on the forum. Even though I know what your saying. I've been in the hobby long enough and read enough to know most of the European terminology,...

mandy111

Geez now I talk funny LOL.. I am from Adelaide South Australia.....or in simple terms and Aussie Hope an I am still welcome ?

mandy111

Lol. Everyone is welcome on this forum!
Do you have any other Aussies ? I have noticed that your shop special prices are amazingly cheap compared to what we pay for things here in aussie. Whish I lived over there now. Where are most of your users from ? Things are very expensive over here, corals, fish and hardware.

Kristin1234

Woah. Bad ass tank, Mandy. I'm in love with your copperband. He's beautiful!!

And no aussies allowed, unless you have a sexy accent ;)

Just kidding. Welcome and beautiful tank!

Kristin1234

Do you have any other Aussies ? I have noticed that your shop special prices are amazingly cheap compared to what we pay for things here in aussie. Whish I lived over there now. Where are most of your users from ? Things are very expensive over here, corals, fish and hardware.

I'm from Texas, Usa!

mandy111

Hi at @Kristin1234 . Thank you. Your tank looks like its relativity new ? We had a foxface just like yours but it started eating all our corals, so he found a new home very quickly, too scared to try another one, corals are very expensive here. Are you looking forward to some coraline coloring up your rocks, wont take long once you start, some people don't like it though, personal choice I suppose. Nice scape, lots of hiding places.

Kristin1234

It is very newish! About 3 months old. I am dying for some color. This is the only color I have as of now. I started with some mushrooms and they are doing very nice. I've never kept any coral, so I need something for beginners. Which is why I got the shrooms. What would you suggest?
20150219_223726(1).jpg