Show off your tank(s)!!

Kronic

Tank looks awesome ClaptonsGhost! Love the new Emperor Angel. Tony Jacot, your BC 29 looks great! I hope mine looks something like that a year from now.

Pisces28

Yes, I'm nuts. I picked up a Majestic and Emperor Angel today. Turned the lights off, put them in. Slowly getting the lights back up. Keeping my fingers crossed. I put the new Queen in after the Blue Face and the Blue Face didn't bother him. Queen annoyed some new additions but stopped after a short while. Hopefully they'll leave the two new ones alone. Oh yeah, got a Flame Angel 2 weeks ago from a different LFS and he's doing great.

Here's my last video for a while. If all the Angels get along I'll shoot some more video in a couple of weeks.
your tank looks amazing.
How does it stay so clean and algae-free?
I am getting ready to set up my tank (3rds attempt at this) but failed miserably prior due to massive amounts of algae on the rocks and sand. Red slime mainly, but the green stuff all over the glass that does not come off until you scrub hard! My lighting has only been on about 8 hours per day.. starting to think it was too much, and my 120 snails (in a 29 gallon) did not get the job done at all :(

ClaptonsGhost

Hey, sorry! I didn't get any notification that there was a new response on this thread. Well, I don't know what to tell you. I've got a sandsifting gobi, and maybe 5 crabs. I also clean the glass every 1-2 days. Also I've got all my windows in that room sealed, no sunlight hits the tank. I've never had a problem with hair algae. I do have 3 phosphate preventers in place. Chemi-pure, a Phosban reactor, and a bag filled with phos-guard. I guess it's easy to look at pics of a tank and assume it stays clean by itself but it really takes up a lot of my time. Luckily I'm retired. Here's my latest video. As you can see both the Emperor and Majestic died. That's it. No more fish. This is the final product. Oh, I did rearrange my rock work again. I got tired of the bare background and added some live rock. Just need two more pieces.

pegasus

Good to see you back, CG! Tank's looking good! Your adding more rocks made me think about how some people want less rock, as they believe too much rock cuts down on the swim space of fish. I suppose it the tank was completely full of rocks, this might be true. They seem to overlook the fact that fish don't always swim in a straight line, as well as the benefit of having a large volume of rock in the tank... natural filtration. It makes it much easier to keep a higher capacity of fish, such as in your tank. One of these days I'm going to get some of those orange sponges. They look so cool in your tank... ;)

ClaptonsGhost

Thanks! The fish are loving all the caves and passageways, which are even cooler than caves because you can see them making their way around and exploring.

As for the sponges I found out that mine have lived a lot longer than one should expect in a tank and, in fact, they're starting to wither away. I give them maybe one more month. But I can replace them once they die. They're only 20 bucks and if I get another 7 months out of the next batch there's nothing to complain about.

ClaptonsGhost

I extended the video with some new footage. Since this is the last video until I do a drastic re-scape I may as well go out with a bang. Added one new live rock to the back to fill an open space, although I shot this before I added it.

pegasus

I extended the video with some new footage. Since this is the last video until I do a drastic re-scape I may as well go out with a bang. Added one new live rock to the back to fill an open space, although I shot this before I added it.
Another quality presentation... as usual. That's Nat Geo stuff there! LOL! Yeah, I can see in this video that the sponges are starting to deteriorate. No worries, as I'm sure the next batch will look even better! I love how happy your fish look every time I see them. You're doing it right...

ClaptonsGhost

Thanks, yeah, my tank has reached a state of perfect Zen. I don't even check parameter's anymore. Look in on the skimmer once every two days. When I do water changes and aquascaping I don't tip toe around the fish so as not to disturb them, they could care less. They're finally comfortable with me.

I bought a Copperband yesterday, he was gorgeous and eating strong, as soon as I put him in the tank he started picking at the live rock, but within 5 minutes the two butterflies started attacking, so I removed him and brought him back to the store. Looks like I'm really limited in what I can put in from now on.

My LFS is closing for 9 days so I'm stocked up on RO and food. Anyway, gotta run. Nat Geo's on the phone :D

Kristin1234

Thanks, yeah, my tank has reached a state of perfect Zen. I don't even check parameter's anymore. Look in on the skimmer once every two days. When I do water changes and aquascaping I don't tip toe around the fish so as not to disturb them, they could care less. They're finally comfortable with me.

I bought a Copperband yesterday, he was gorgeous and eating strong, as soon as I put him in the tank he started picking at the live rock, but within 5 minutes the two butterflies started attacking, so I removed him and brought him back to the store. Looks like I'm really limited in what I can put in from now on.

My LFS is closing for 9 days so I'm stocked up on RO and food. Anyway, gotta run. Nat Geo's on the phone :D
Hey friend!! Sucks you had to return the copper and. Tank looks great!

ClaptonsGhost

Hey, Dollface. Yeah, I can call you that because I have a girlfriend now. More like a female companion. The office of girlfriend/wife has been retired. Anyway, yeah, I was really disappointed about the copperband because I've got more room now to add more fish but I really can't add anymore that I like. No more angels, no more butterflies. I can't add Powder Blue tangs or Achilles tangs because they just need to much naturally occurring algae to survive and my yellow tangs would probably be aggressive towards them anyway. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with what I got. Go ahead, you can feel sorry for me. I deserve it :oops:

How's your "regal"? Add any more fish since your blue jaw kicked?

Kristin1234

Ahhh, a girlfriend ehh?
Nice!
No I haven't added anything else. I'm just letting the tank chill. I added a 6line wrasse but I think I already told you about that. Ol blue is doing good. She is nice and fat and happy.

Hey, Dollface. Yeah, I can call you that because I have a girlfriend now. More like a female companion. The office of girlfriend/wife has been retired. Anyway, yeah, I was really disappointed about the copperband because I've got more room now to add more fish but I really can't add anymore that I like. No more angels, no more butterflies. I can't add Powder Blue tangs or Achilles tangs because they just need to much naturally occurring algae to survive and my yellow tangs would probably be aggressive towards them anyway. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with what I got. Go ahead, you can feel sorry for me. I deserve it :oops:

How's your "regal"? Add any more fish since your blue jaw kicked?

Kristin1234

Hello! Its been a couple of years since I've been around but I recently upgraded to a 90G reef and found this thread so I'd thought I'd share a pic I took of my tank this morning before heading out to work. Hope you like!

Man that's so pretty. I want my corals to take off so bad but they just don't. Your tank looks awesome. Hope those 2 tangs don't get roughed up being in a 90 together.

wartooth1

Man that's so pretty. I want my corals to take off so bad but they just don't. Your tank looks awesome. Hope those 2 tangs don't get roughed up being in a 90 together.
Thanks Kristin1234!

The tangs are fine. Both fish went into the tank at the same time, so neither one has a chance to pick a territory in the tank to fight over. So far both have been getting along just fine. As soon as I figure out how to get a video from my phone onto here, I'll be happy to share it and show you that the tangs are totally cool with each other.

Last edited:

New2thereef

Hi all,

I thought it would be fun if ya'll wanted a thread to show off your current tanks... whether it has just been started or whether it is very established. I'm sure we could learn something from the people on this forum - whether it is aquascaping, flow patterns or even just who has pretty tanks. lol I want to see pics of your tanks. Show them off and be proud!