Show those DIY Tanks and Stands.

fishrule

I’m building a Custom Glass tank, stand, sump, etc. for my office and I wanted to get some inspiration from all you Do-It-Yourselfers… I’m going 100% DIY. I even plan on making my own skimmer.
Show off your Glass, Acrylic, Plywood, etc Tanks and Stands…

cyclops

Originally Posted by FishRule
I’m building a Custom Glass tank, stand, sump, etc. for my office and I wanted to get some inspiration from all you Do-It-Yourselfers… I’m going 100% DIY. I even plan on making my own skimmer.

So what do you have done so far? I am trying to build a stand for a 30 or 45> good luck post progress pics

fishrule

Jayden, Nice Tank and Sweet Stand.

So far I have only collected information and pricing.
I’m still in debate on the size I want to make the tank. I would like to make the tank 30"L x 20"W x 18"T... Unfortunately my space is limited so I might only get to go 30"L x 18"W x 18"T. Or 26"L x 20"W x 18"T...
I have enough room to make the stand 36T x 30"L x 24"W and I might be able to squeeze 26"wide, but that is where I am stuck.
The stand is going to come up behind the tank to hide the plumbing and I need to figure out just how much room I will need to plumb. If I only need 4", then I can make the stand 24"wide with the tank 20" wide, but if I need 5" to 6" for plumbing then I will have to either increase the stand size to 26"wide or make the tank only 18"wide. Did I lose you?
I should have plenty of room under the stand to place the sump and other plumbing fixtures.
I want to start the tank and stand construction sometime next week.
I will post up pictures of my sketches when I get my final measurements.
As soon as I physically start the building process, I will start a DIY Diary Thread covering the entire build process. I will also submit my progress thru pictures here to keep everyone that is interested updated.

psusocr1

if you look up an old thread of mine called " how to build a 200 gallon aquarium" or something like that i did a how to on how i built my 200 glass, stand, casnopy etc.

fishrule

Originally Posted by psusocr1
if you look up an old thread of mine called " how to build a 200 gallon aquarium" or something like that i did a how to on how i built my 200 glass, stand, casnopy etc.
Cool, I will have to check it out... :jumping:

stanlalee

If you can do all that (build the tank, skimmer and all) then my simpleton DIY stand wont be much inspiration.

chilwil84

come on jayeden all that work and you didnt scribe it to the wall, which means planning an upgrade before it was finished, sweet modern look looks great with the hardwood.
Here is my stand

fishrule

Originally Posted by chilwil84
come on jayeden all that work and you didnt scribe it to the wall, which means planning an upgrade before it was finished, sweet modern look looks great with the hardwood.
Here is my stand
That is awesome. What wood did you use for the outside of the stand?

fishrule

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
If you can do all that (build the tank, skimmer and all) then my simpleton DIY stand wont be much inspiration.
You never know. It might spark some idea... :thinking:

jayeden

Originally Posted by chilwil84
Here is my stand
haha, i built it as i moved, and was having the room it is put in refinished....i could have built it into the wall when i was renovating, BUT, i was unsure of the placement of it, so had to do it seperatly....
tried to blend it as best i could by matching trim and wall color...im happy with it.. :)

chilwil84

That is awesome. What wood did you use for the outside of the stand?

it is red oak with satin poly and no stain